Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Cruz leave?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    Bigger question is...Can he justify Big money? Yeah he was great last season...this season he had 7 games with 50 yards or less. As far as I'm concerned we can set up a mediocre contract for him now...then next season he can prove he is big money worthy.

Just because you helped us win a SB your first season doesn't give you a free pass to stink it up half of the next season and still retain your "NFL Value"
    If Santonio Holmes is worth 8-9 million a year, how much is Cruz worth? Holmes best season of his career was arguably worse than Cruz's season this year in which people think he under performed.
    Last edited by dakotajoe; 01-12-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    No one said it was a bad thing, here you go again conjuring up nonsense!
    Well it certainly came across as though you were diminishing his TDs bc it was ONLY one more. My apologies if I interpreted it wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Well it certainly came across as though you were diminishing his TDs bc it was ONLY one more. My apologies if I interpreted it wrong.
    Another poster was saying that he had more receptions and TD's this year than last, and I was just pointing out that his receptions and TD's the past two years have been almost identical. He did put up more yards last year, but he had a very good year this year as well.

So tag Cruz, get a first round for him. Draft Tavon Austin.

I love Cruz, but everyone is replaceable.

Bigger question is...Can he justify Big money? Yeah he was great last season...this season he had 7 games with 50 yards or less. As far as I'm concerned we can set up a mediocre contract for him now...then next season he can prove he is big money worthy.

Just because you helped us win a SB your first season doesn't give you a free pass to stink it up half of the next season and still retain your "NFL Value"
    ill lose respect for the giants if they disrespect cruz like that. he should be able to at least make 7-8 mill a year. he earned it.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Nicks and Cruz definitely, Bennett is important as we haven't been able to keep a tight end for any length of time. I think if it came down to it though, Bennett would probably be the odd man out since we have had productive tight ends come out of the wood work before and the Giants probably think they could develop another one.

I would love to keep all three together especially since we have bigger fish to fry in the trenches and almost everywhere else.
    Rememeber, Nicks isn't a FA until 2014 so we could do Bennett and Cruz, hopefully
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

How did he "stink it up" by adding another 1,000 yard season to the 1,500 the previous season and leading all receivers again? You might have a point if the rest of the offense was clicking but we all know that wasn't the case.

Should we take some of Eli's money because he did some stinking up of his own? How many games with ZERO TDs?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    In my in-expert opinion of Cruz and the Gints management, I will be amazed if Cruz is not a giant for at least the next 3 years.Nicks is different thing. Sad how he was 1 or 2 steps slow all year. I want to believe he will recover, but $$ realities makes me think he will not be a Giant next year.
    Rest easy - he's a Giant next year.
    Tepid Salsa

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Rest easy - he's a Giant next year.
    We're going to hold you to that

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How did he "stink it up" by adding another 1,000 yard season to the 1,500 the previous season and leading all receivers again? You might have a point if the rest of the offense was clicking but we all know that wasn't the case.

Should we take some of Eli's money because he did some stinking up of his own? How many games with ZERO TDs?

Cruz's best game was against Tampa....oh but wait a minute he was paired up with Nicks who had an even better game. If Nicks wasn't playing that day then Cruz probably wouldn't of even broke 100 yards and probably doesn't get his 1000 yard season.

I'm not saying he does not deserve Big money Ever....but let's face it he dropped way too many passes this year and frankly did not look like the same player a year ago. That raises question marks.

This season makes me believe that Cruz is only "Great" when he is paired up with Nicks...by himself he is a "Good" receiver. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Closed Thread