+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Veteran

What is the best giants team ever?

Is it the 1986 team or the 2007 team? Is it one of the pre merger teams? Or someone else?

Like the answers but I'm surprised that the pre merger teams aren't coming up. YA tittle or the Sam Huff teams?
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 01-11-2013 at 10:00 PM.

I lean toward the '90 team.

The Parcells teams were much better than this ere's teams. They dominated through the whole season. TC's teams squeaked into the playoffs and got red hot.

The only edge I would give to the TC era Giants is at QB and WR. The big difference is the defenses. TC's defense is not even in the same league as BP's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    The Parcells teams were much better than this ere's teams. They dominated through the whole season. TC's teams squeaked into the playoffs and got red hot.

The only edge I would give to the TC era Giants is at QB and WR. The big difference is the defenses. TC's defense is not even in the same league as BP's defense.
    +1. The 1986 team was the best they had in the modern era because the D was just so dominant. And they were young and on the rise. I'd have to go withe the '90 team as # 2.

The Parcells teams had a toughness, throughout entire seasons, that the Coughlin teams don't have. And while I believe that the TC coaches are good, the Parcells coaches were fantastic, which included Belichek and Coughlin and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Is it the 1986 team or the 2007 team? Is it one of the pre merger teams? Or someone else?

'86 team by far the best ! Present team cannot compare to that one. We had the best linebacking corp in the NFL. All our LB's were pro bowlers, even some of the replacements.

'86 was simply dominant, awesome team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BK07071 View Post
    '86 team by far the best ! Present team cannot compare to that one. We had the best linebacking corp in the NFL. All our LB's were pro bowlers, even some of the replacements.
    +1

86's defence was a beast

2008 would have been if Plaxico didn't shoot himself... but we got Nicks out of all that (no way in hell he would have fallen to 32 in the 2009 draft) so it all worked out.
    Andre the Giant