+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best giants team ever?

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    1986 by a landslide. It's not even close. No miracle catches off a helmet or sideline heroics. Simply dominated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Ne..._Giants_season

Divisional playoffs 49-3 over Montana's 49ers
    Conference playoffs shutout the Redskins 17-0
    Super Bowl 39-20 over Denver

Roster included 5 stud LB's
    You realize there's more to a defense than Linebackers, right?

I went to my first Giant game in 56 they were great more in the trenches and down and dirty no astoturf half the time is was mud.It was a different game then different rules I think for pure football skills the 86 Giants were the best I have everseen.

The first game i ever watched the Jints play was at the Polo Grounds in 1953. I've seen some of the best and some of the worst Giant years including the teams of the 70's when fans huddled together in the parking lots and burned their tickets to make a statement about the Giants horrible play. The best Giant team I've ever had the pleasure of seeing play was the 1986 Super Bowl Champion New York Giants. They went 17-2 had arguably the best LB corp to ever play the game, Simms threw for 22-25 in the Super Bowl ( still a record today) and in a game that is usually a close contest between 2 excellently paired teams, the Giants throttled the Denver Broncos 39-20. Now that was a game and a fabulous year for Giant football

No doubt about it, the 86 Giants by far! That defense would beat teams up and still want more. I wish we still had players like that now....

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You realize there's more to a defense than Linebackers, right?
    That is a ridiculous comment toadofsteel. You obviously missed the point that we had 5 stud LB's on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    No doubt about it, the 86 Giants by far! That defense would beat teams up and still want more. I wish we still had players like that now....
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

2011 cause the best team is the team with the best qb and eli is the best qb in giants history by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    2011 cause the best team is the team with the best qb and eli is the best qb in giants history by far.
    *sigh*
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    The 86 team was great, but how can you say that they were better than the 2011 team when the 86 team didn't make the playoffs the next year?
    The 2011 team not only made the playoffs but won the division, and were the best team in the NFL.
    And could we please stop with the "til Plax shot himself" nonsense? It's a myth. Talk about what people remember....do you remember how mediocre a season Burress had been having in 2008, leading up to his shooting? Do you remember how everyone was ragging on Burress for dogging it after signing his new lucrative contract the offseason?
    Burress was having very little impact on that season in any meaningful or positive way......we weren't one and done because of his absence. He was already done for the season when the Giants won the Division.
    You got your years mixed up. So which team are you talking about 2007 or 2011? Not that it matters because 86 was better than both of them.

We were 14-2 in the reg. season and then stormed through the playoffs to the championship.

The 86 Giants dominated the league year. 2007 and 2011 we came together and got hot and lucky at the right time.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

sigh you roosevelt Eli is the best simms doesn't have anything on eli, simms was v good but eli is elite.

+ Reply to Thread