+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88

Thread: What is the best giants team ever?

  1. #61
    Anyone who thinks the 2011 team was better than the 1986 team is probably age 37 years or younger. I can't see any Giant fan over the age of 10 in 1986 possibly saying 2011 was better than 1986. It's not even close.

    17-2 record

    49-3 division playoffs over SF
    17-0 conference playoffs over WAS
    39-20 super bowl over DEN

    All three games the Giants dominated from the opening whistle to the end. They never had a chance.

  2. #62
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,090
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Anyone who thinks the 2011 team was better than the 1986 team is probably age 37 years or younger. I can't see any Giant fan over the age of 10 in 1986 possibly saying 2011 was better than 1986. It's not even close.

    17-2 record

    49-3 division playoffs over SF
    17-0 conference playoffs over WAS
    39-20 super bowl over DEN

    All three games the Giants dominated from the opening whistle to the end. They never had a chance.
    You're right. The '86 Giants we're a dominant team.

    With our 2011 team, we knew they could beat any team on any given day, but we were anything but dominant.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

  3. #63
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    19,904
    I have no idea why '07 and '11 are even mentioned in this conversation

    they might be in the top 10 best Giant teams ever .....maybe

    some of the best Giant teams ever unfortunately didn't win championships

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I have no idea why '07 and '11 are even mentioned in this conversation

    they might be in the top 10 best Giant teams ever .....maybe

    some of the best Giant teams ever unfortunately didn't win championships
    The ones who are mentioning 07 & 11, clearly are much younger fans

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    The 2011 team by a country mile!
    As great as the '86 and 90 teams were, they weren't the best team in the NFL the next year like the 2011 team was!
    The 2011 team came the closest to repeating
    The 2011 team was the only team in the modern Giants era to win the division and even make the playoffs the season after a SB championship.

    I don't count the Sam Huff era because as great as those guys were in their time, the game was so different then, and those players don't compare to the athletes of today.
    You're wrong in about 37 different ways. Just about everything you said is wrong.

    The 1986 team had no good followup because 1987 was a strike year and there were replacement players playing for a good part of the season.

    I assume you mean the 2012 team not the 2011 team... The 2011 team could not have repeated because they didn't make the playoffs in 2010 and they didn't make the playoffs in 2012. Since they didn't make the playoffs or win the division, what in blue blazes are you even talking about? Are you talking about the 2007 & 2008 teams?

    The 2012 team was no where near as good as the 2008 team was.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 01-12-2013 at 07:35 PM.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    The 86 team was great, but how can you say that they were better than the 2011 team when the 86 team didn't make the playoffs the next year?
    The 2011 team didn't make the playoffs the next year either. Or are you watching imaginary Giants playoff games and not sharing what you are smoking?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    The QB makes the team.
    So the '84 Dolphins are the best team evar!!!!1!!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    So the '84 Dolphins are the best team evar!!!!1!!
    I said with sb's

  9. #69
    Big Blue Wrecking Crew is all I got to say

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    I said with sb's
    So are the 2000 Ravens the best Raven team ever because of Trent Dilfer?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts