+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Salary CAP Projection

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    And the problem is now that all three are hitting us hard because of said restructuriings...
    Absolutely correct. It's how it works. Reese has to financially find a way to do what they eventually feel has to be done. Players we all may want to stay may not happen. I was upset they let Cofield go.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Reese needs to do what he can to keep Beatty, Bennett, and Cruz. He's going to have to ask some veterans to restructure and if they won't, they'll be history I'm afraid.

This, Cruz may have to take a back loaded contract if he wants to remain a Giant. With the talent this team has now we can still win another SB or 3. There is no reason not to follow Eli's lead and restructure.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    This, Cruz may have to take a back loaded contract if he wants to remain a Giant. With the talent this team has now we can still win another SB or 3. There is no reason not to follow Eli's lead and restructure.
    In Cruz's case, he can't restructure as he's making NFL chump change and his contract has or will expire. He's entitled to a real contract. If we can't afford it, he is free to go to any team that can and is willing to agree to whatever tender the Giants might put on him. I think Cruz will work with Reese to get a deal done.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    In Cruz's case, he can't restructure as he's making NFL chump change and his contract has or will expire. He's entitled to a real contract. If we can't afford it, he is free to go to any team that can and is willing to agree to whatever tender the Giants might put on him. I think Cruz will work with Reese to get a deal done.
    Agreed but is there anything keeping Reese from offering him 3 mil this year and 12 or 13 in a year or two down the road to off set the money he deserves but wont get this year?

Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    Agreed but is there anything keeping Reese from offering him 3 mil this year and 12 or 13 in a year or two down the road to off set the money he deserves but wont get this year?
    No, technically. They could also offer him a significant signing bonus that would be guaranteed and paid out over the length of the contract. I think the hard part is releasing players and restructuring other contracts. It's like chess on steroids.

at some point in time we have to accept that we are going to lose a relatively serious piece of the puzzle because of our cap situation.

and i think that point in time is this year.

how can the writer say we're not in terrible shape but are over the cap by $4 mill with 22 free agents to sign. someone isn't writing this article right.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    at some point in time we have to accept that we are going to lose a relatively serious piece of the puzzle because of our cap situation.

and i think that point in time is this year.

how can the writer say we're not in terrible shape but are over the cap by $4 mill with 22 free agents to sign. someone isn't writing this article right.
    It could be there is an assumption about who is and isn't going to be here in 2013. Guys like Stevie Brown (RFA), Wilson, and Randle may help the aggregate price tag. I'd like to see them sign Andre Brown and consider releasing Bradshaw or asking for a significant salary cut.

This is where Reese earns his money for sure
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-11-2013 at 01:04 PM.

I think bradshaw & possibly boley + others being gone is innevitable

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I think bradshaw & possibly boley + others being gone is innevitable
    It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I think we need to trade Eli for Andrew Luck and Jadeveon Clowney. Both would be under their rookie contracts and provide big savings. Problem solved!

+ Reply to Thread