+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giants' Salary CAP Projection

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I'm sure that projection includes Osi and TT at whatever exorbitant cap hit he'd be next season. Hell, just cutting Diehl puts us under the cap, lol.
    osi is only 1mill, his contract was front loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    osi is only 1mill, his contract was front loaded.
    But Osi and some other NFL players sometimes don't respect/honor the back-end of their front-loaded contracts. They'll start complaining, holding out for a new contract, and going media complaining that they're underpaid for the current year compared to other top players at the position because the average person do not understand or care about a player's entire contract.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-12-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich4114 View Post
    Diehl, Webster, Canty, Boley = 21m....
    The issue is if you outright cut them you lose the players and still take a lot of cap hit anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    But Osi and some other NFL players sometimes don't respect/honor the back-end of their front-loaded contracts. They'll start complaining, holding out for a new contract, and going media complaining that they're underpaid for the current year compared to other top players at the position because the average person do not understand or care about a player's entire contract.
    sometimes it gets confusing. but osi knew what he signed and took a huge chunk up front,.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I agree i think the priority has to be keeping the younger players. Letting a young player with 5 good years left to keep a vet with 1 will end up killing the team. I think Reese is going to have to be the bad guy this offseason .If the Giants want to give Eli another window to win a Super Bowl before he retires he is going to have to break out the hatchet.
    Yes, time to get rid of some of the overpriced guys if we want Eli's playing years to get another title. So you help a few guys out the door, restructure the ones you want to keep and use the tender to your advantage. With over twenty players on FA this year, we'll see just what kind of a dancer JR can be.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is where WE have to be careful. All of this is supposition by media heads who look at similar situations and insert a dollar amount. But Beatty has done a better than average job at LT. Boothe is also worth keeping but I am thinking they can't keep both.
    Boothe is going to walk, I all but guarantee. I doubt that cat ever thought he would have a shot as a starter in the NFL and now that he has acquitted himself admirably, and can be a swing guard and play center, he will surely test FA. We cant keep up with what many teams with worse Olines are going to be willing to pay.
    Dont be suprised if he turn up in greenbay.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The issue is if you outright cut them you lose the players and still take a lot of cap hit anyway...
    Well, Diehl, Webster, and Boley are all in the last year of their deals, so you'd only take the bonus money as a cap hit... We'd save all their base salaries.

If we cut Diehl, Webster, and Boley, we'd save nearly $12m (after cap penalties), while also incurring about $8m in cap penalties.

I think Canty will get restructured, not cut.

+ Reply to Thread