+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Salary CAP Projection

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    I think we need to trade Eli for Andrew Luck and Jadeveon Clowney. Both would be under their rookie contracts and provide big savings. Problem solved!
    LOL. I like your solution.

Giants' Salary CAP Projection

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...cap-projection

Excerpt: "Jerry Reese says the Giants will look different next season.

He doesn’t intend to start a massive overhaul, but he will need to add a few new pieces. And the GM might have to say goodbye to some familiar old faces with the Giants projected to be $4.7 million over the cap in 2013 according to John Clayton’s cap numbers. Clayton says the Giants will carry over $1 million.

According to Clayton, the cap is “growing at only $300,000 a year.” So with last year's cap at $120.6 million, the cap could be around $121 million this coming season.

So if the Giants have to shed close to $5 million, Reese will have some tinkering to do. The Giants have a lot of free agents and restricted free agents to take care of such as Victor Cruz, Will Beatty, Osi Umenyiora, Kevin Boothe, Stevie Brown and Martellus Bennett.

So the Giants will have to do what they have done in the past couple of seasons and that’s some cap maneuvering. Here’s a list of a few veterans who could be impacted by the cap and may be candidates to restructure their contracts: " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...cap-projection

Excerpt: "Jerry Reese says the Giants will look different next season.

He doesn’t intend to start a massive overhaul, but he will need to add a few new pieces. And the GM might have to say goodbye to some familiar old faces with the Giants projected to be $4.7 million over the cap in 2013 according to John Clayton’s cap numbers. Clayton says the Giants will carry over $1 million.

According to Clayton, the cap is “growing at only $300,000 a year.” So with last year's cap at $120.6 million, the cap could be around $121 million this coming season.

So if the Giants have to shed close to $5 million, Reese will have some tinkering to do. The Giants have a lot of free agents and restricted free agents to take care of such as Victor Cruz, Will Beatty, Osi Umenyiora, Kevin Boothe, Stevie Brown and Martellus Bennett.

So the Giants will have to do what they have done in the past couple of seasons and that’s some cap maneuvering. Here’s a list of a few veterans who could be impacted by the cap and may be candidates to restructure their contracts: " Read more...
    oh snapppp.

i was wondering about snee. is he really that untouchable.after last seasons play, id argue hes right there at the top of overpaid wayyyyy too much for his performance. but was that just a 1 yr issue? was it bc of DD? lol sorry DD. Can he return to the level we're accustomed to?i dunno. bradshaw, i thought nah, no way we cut him. but then again, DW did look NASTY. Andre Brown looked nasty too when healthy. Only prob, bradshaw had games where he looked amazing as well...i dont think we move him, maybe restructure or redo his current deal...but the players that are in jeopardy of release due to their cap hits dont really worry me. compared to the players we'd be keeping/signing, its actually a good trade off...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    oh snapppp.

i was wondering about snee. is he really that untouchable.after last seasons play, id argue hes right there at the top of overpaid wayyyyy too much for his performance. but was that just a 1 yr issue? was it bc of DD? lol sorry DD. Can he return to the level we're accustomed to?i dunno. bradshaw, i thought nah, no way we cut him. but then again, DW did look NASTY. Andre Brown looked nasty too when healthy. Only prob, bradshaw had games where he looked amazing as well...i dont think we move him, maybe restructure or redo his current deal...but the players that are in jeopardy of release due to their cap hits dont really worry me. compared to the players we'd be keeping/signing, its actually a good trade off...
    If Brown heals completely, Bradshaw could be a casualty, We'd have WiIson, Brown, Scott, Lumpkin, or a draft pick
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

we arent in terrible shape yet we are over the cap and still out 22 players??? i beg to differ with the writer

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    we arent in terrible shape yet we are over the cap and still out 22 players??? i beg to differ with the writer
    I'm sure that projection includes Osi and TT at whatever exorbitant cap hit he'd be next season. Hell, just cutting Diehl puts us under the cap, lol.

Lol with tenders on Cruz and Stevie we could end up with 8 picks in the first 3 rounds... imagine if KC bit on a Cruz 1st+3rd tender...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Reese needs to do what he can to keep Beatty, Bennett, and Cruz. He's going to have to ask some veterans to restructure and if they won't, they'll be history I'm afraid.
    I agree i think the priority has to be keeping the younger players. Letting a young player with 5 good years left to keep a vet with 1 will end up killing the team. I think Reese is going to have to be the bad guy this offseason .If the Giants want to give Eli another window to win a Super Bowl before he retires he is going to have to break out the hatchet.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I agree i think the priority has to be keeping the younger players. Letting a young player with 5 good years left to keep a vet with 1 will end up killing the team. I think Reese is going to have to be the bad guy this offseason .If the Giants want to give Eli another window to win a Super Bowl before he retires he is going to have to break out the hatchet.
    +1

Diehl, Webster, Canty, Boley = 21m....

+ Reply to Thread