+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mel Kiper's Big Board Update: Looking At Players In Giants' Range

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/11...h-tyler-eifert

Excerpt: "ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper is out with latest 2013 NFL Draft Big Board. Here are a few notes of interest as they might ultimately impact the New York Giants.

-- Notre Dame linebacker Manti T'eo dropped from No.2 to No. 6 on Kiper's board after an unimpressive BCS Championship Game against Alabama. Still highly unlikely to be around when the Giants pick at No. 19.

-- Kiper has offensive guard Chance Warmack of Alabama ranked No. 5, way out of reach for the Giants.

Here are the guys Kiper has ranked 15-25, guys you might consider to be in range for the Giants at No. 19." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/11...h-tyler-eifert

Excerpt: "ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper is out with latest 2013 NFL Draft Big Board. Here are a few notes of interest as they might ultimately impact the New York Giants.

-- Notre Dame linebacker Manti T'eo dropped from No.2 to No. 6 on Kiper's board after an unimpressive BCS Championship Game against Alabama. Still highly unlikely to be around when the Giants pick at No. 19.

-- Kiper has offensive guard Chance Warmack of Alabama ranked No. 5, way out of reach for the Giants.

Here are the guys Kiper has ranked 15-25, guys you might consider to be in range for the Giants at No. 19." Read more...
    Warmack may be rated 5 but I remember Decastro being fairly high as well and he dropped. I can see him being around when the Giants pick. I really hope they dont take a guard though

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Warmack may be rated 5 but I remember Decastro being fairly high as well and he dropped. I can see him being around when the Giants pick. I really hope they dont take a guard though
    It is very rare for guards to go in the top of the draft. They are undervalued like running backs, safeties, and ilbs. He may be up there high on the board but I bet he get picked between 10-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Ya, but Mike Iupati went in the early teens and the Pouncey pro's went earlier then Decastro went as well.. I think Warmack goes to St Louis personally.. They got 2 1st rders so would have no problem taking a G with one of em..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, but Mike Iupati went in the early teens and the Pouncey pro's went earlier then Decastro went as well.. I think Warmack goes to St Louis personally.. They got 2 1st rders so would have no problem taking a G with one of em..
    I couldnt agree more. That coach likes to run, and this kid is 1 of the best run blockers I have ever seen. It isnt like he stinks at passblocking either.

Ansah, Jordan, Montgomery & Okafor are all nice options..

Big boards don't mean anything with the ridiculous run on mediocre QBs in the top 10. That's good news for teams like us with a franchinse QB because we get a top 15 talent at 19. I think he has Ogletree at 13 and that's who I hope we get. Elite athlete at the position and excellent in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by carter.525 View Post
    Ansah, Jordan, Montgomery & Okafor are all nice options..
    Y would we want Jordan? He is a pass rushing 3-4 olb? He is too small and weak to play with his hand in the dirt as of now. He is super athletic tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Y would we want Jordan? He is a pass rushing 3-4 olb? He is too small and weak to play with his hand in the dirt as of now. He is super athletic tho.
    this is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVrBRruEk

He doesnt look to small to me, guy is a super freak..

Quote Originally Posted by carter.525 View Post
    this is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVrBRruEk

He doesnt look to small to me, guy is a super freak..
    He is light but he isnt small he is 6'6" with a huge wingspan needs like 30 pounds on him though