+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't Understand ???

Since they won the SB last year the whole staff gets a pass tis year. But that's it the free pass is done. They will be held to the fire next year if they don't succeed. Maybe not TC, but nobody on his staff will be safe if they don't have a successful year next yea.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Since they won the SB last year the whole staff gets a pass tis year. But that's it the free pass is done. They will be held to the fire next year if they don't succeed. Maybe not TC, but nobody on his staff will be safe if they don't have a successful year next yea.
    What's a "successful season"?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by oldsmobile View Post
    Seems as though all the other teams in our division are making changes and trying to improve !!!!!!
    Beagles , get rid of whole coaching staff . Even made changes during season to try to get better. I personally , am very glad to see Reid out of NFC.
    Cowgirls, get rid of Ryan . I thought he did a good job with their defense .I loved is "agressive "scheme . Also his "Firey attitude on sidelines .
    Redskins , they made "PLAYOFFS". So they hit their goal for year . No changes needed .

GIANTS , fall apart final weeks off season , no playoffs . Ranking in defense was worst than Beagles and Cowgirls . You watch Fewell on sidelines , he looks confused . when there is a coverage beak-down , and he is talking to players who made mistake , he is smiling or looks as confused as the player. NO FIRE at all . Our offense has been the same for ten years . Hardly any changes in play calling . I can watch the game and know what plays will be called. If I can do it , don't you think the other team, who studies game films , know what is coming . How many times have we seen , Giants ball on the 8 yard line, third and goal . What play does Kildrive call ? Almost always fade to wide receiver in left end zone.

Changes are needed in our coaching staff !!!! Even our head coach , has no idea why we always have a "BAD " second half of season. Do I need to make "PLAYOFFS" every year . No !!!! But with the talent on this team , we should be in every game and "NOT" Blown off the field as we were in those last few weeks !!!!
    Dude...how many NFC East teams are still in the playoffs? Uhhh.....NONE! Which pretty much makes your entire rant irrelevant and moot!

Quote Originally Posted by oldsmobile View Post
    Seems as though all the other teams in our division are making changes and trying to improve !!!!!!
    Beagles , get rid of whole coaching staff . Even made changes during season to try to get better. I personally , am very glad to see Reid out of NFC.
    Cowgirls, get rid of Ryan . I thought he did a good job with their defense .I loved is "agressive "scheme . Also his "Firey attitude on sidelines .
    Redskins , they made "PLAYOFFS". So they hit their goal for year . No changes needed .

GIANTS , fall apart final weeks off season , no playoffs . Ranking in defense was worst than Beagles and Cowgirls . You watch Fewell on sidelines , he looks confused . when there is a coverage beak-down , and he is talking to players who made mistake , he is smiling or looks as confused as the player. NO FIRE at all . Our offense has been the same for ten years . Hardly any changes in play calling . I can watch the game and know what plays will be called. If I can do it , don't you think the other team, who studies game films , know what is coming . How many times have we seen , Giants ball on the 8 yard line, third and goal . What play does Kildrive call ? Almost always fade to wide receiver in left end zone.

Changes are needed in our coaching staff !!!! Even our head coach , has no idea why we always have a "BAD " second half of season. Do I need to make "PLAYOFFS" every year . No !!!! But with the talent on this team , we should be in every game and "NOT" Blown off the field as we were in those last few weeks !!!!
    So you are complimenting the cowgirls for making changes to get better; changes like firing the all sizzle, no steak rob ryan but you want us to make changes that bring in guys like ryan. That's quite a position to take. lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    So you are complimenting the cowgirls for making changes to get better; changes like firing the all sizzle, no steak rob ryan but you want us to make changes that bring in guys like ryan. That's quite a position to take. lol
    lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Dallas is switching to a soft zone scheme. And a 4-3. Exactly what the giants already have. Kind of amusing.

I don't advocate changing coaches just to punish them for the team having another fadeout at the end of the season but I do want them to work really hard to find out what causes these things every year, there has to be an answer and TC telling the media he has no idea what went wrong is troubling to me...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You're a little late to the dance, but of those 4 teams, how many have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years? How many have played in the Super Bowl in the past 5 years?

Just because GM got rid of you, doesn't mean we're getting rid of the coaching staff.
    That's just it RF. I don't like the inconsistency. One day were lambasting the Saints the next day were struggling to keep up with the Bengals. One season we win the SB the next we miss the playoffs. I think a lot of it goes on coaching, speaking of the wide variance in focus and discipline because obviously with 2 SB wins the talent is there. What it really boils down to is 2 SBs in five years. That's all that matters. Give me 2 SBs and 3 0-16 seasons and I'm still happy. But just like every other irrational fan if we suck next year, I'll probably want a new OC and DC, and possibly a new coach.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Dallas is switching to a soft zone scheme. And a 4-3. Exactly what the giants already have. Kind of amusing.
    While PF may base his defense on the Tampa 2, that is pretty much where the comparison between Kiffin and PF end... Kiffin ranked in the top 10 with his defense 11 out of 13 years, PF has never come close to that. Comparing PF to Kiffin is like saying Boley is equal to LT because they both played outside linebacker.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    While PF may base his defense on the Tampa 2, that is pretty much where the comparison between Kiffin and PF end... Kiffin ranked in the top 10 with his defense 11 out of 13 years, PF has never come close to that. Comparing PF to Kiffin is like saying Boley is equal to LT because they both played outside linebacker.
    Kiffin also had 3 hall of fame players on that defense. Maybe more than that.

+ Reply to Thread