+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Could Seek More Pass Rush Help

Giants Could Seek More Pass Rush Help

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...pass-rush-help

Excerpt: "It became an annual rite of passage that the Giants would draft a pass rusher. People often mocked them for it, but as former GM Ernie Accorsi was fond of saying, “You can never have too many pass rushers.” He was right, and current GM Jerry Reese — who has adopted many of Accorsi’s ideas — likely would agree.

The Giants’ defense broke down in 2012, allowing the most yards in franchise history. The run defense was a major flaw at times, but you also can’t overlook the lack of pass-rush production. Pressures were down, QB hits were off and sacks dropped from 48 in 2011 to 33 this season.

Several players saw drops in their sack production. Jason Pierre-Paul, appearing to be on the verge of stardom, dropped from 16˝ to 6˝. Osi Umenyiora fell from nine to six, Justin Tuck from five to four and Mathias Kiwanuka from 3˝ to 3. The loss of sub-rusher Dave Tollefson (five sacks in 2011) to free agency hurt more than expected, and the early-season injury to DT Chris Canty also reduced the pressure up front." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

But.....it wasn't the defenses fault. Our offense MADE them play too much!!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    lol

Please support.

Still need OL first. Then worry about pass rushers...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Yeah because 1 OLineman can really impact the game more than 1 pass rusher.

Giants have a serious problem with this Dline. Osi is a FA, The Ghost of Justin Tuck will be next season, If the Giants dont fix this they wont be competitive on Defense.

1.QB
    2.Pass Rusher
    3.CB

Thats the hierarchy

Giants found Locklear who played well at RT for next to nothing. Good luck finding a starting pass rusher or Cornerback for nothing.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.

I think the draft will be OL and DE in rounds 1 and 2 in either order since both are a need..

The loss of Tollefson hurt more than expected? really? REALLY?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I think the draft will be OL and DE in rounds 1 and 2 in either order since both are a need..
    Possibly, but the chances of an OL coming in as a rookie and getting any real playing time is remote at best. There is a better chance that a rookie LB or DE with the 19th pick would make more of an impact. If OL is an immediate need, then free agency is how they will have to fix it, not the draft, in my opinion.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

+ Reply to Thread