+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Could Seek More Pass Rush Help

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Possibly, but the chances of an OL coming in as a rookie and getting any real playing time is remote at best. There is a better chance that a rookie LB or DE with the 19th pick would make more of an impact. If OL is an immediate need, then free agency is how they will have to fix it, not the draft, in my opinion.
    I agree but a starting quality OL in FA will cost money the team doesn't have so it looks like the draft is where we have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I agree but a starting quality OL in FA will cost money the team doesn't have so it looks like the draft is where we have to go.
    They found a good starter in Locklear for really nothing.

All-Pro
    Agreed, which likely means they don't get a starting quality OL either way. I fear that results in an O-line that is worse next year than it was this year. Considering the propensity to throw deep and use longer developing plays, a good backup QB might be the first need in the draft... LOL
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

I still think they still need to maintain a focus on upgrading the Linebackers corp. There are mobile QBs in the NFL now that can extend plays and avoid the pass rush with ease. But more importantly, you also want LBs that can stuff the run constantly so the QB is forced to pass the ball against the pass rush. It's a team defense and everyone plays an important part.

Veteran
    Day 1 starting OL are usually selected in the first 1-10 picks rare that their are any definite day 1 starters past 15. 10-20 is where you find your day 1 starting CB/S/pass rushing DE / all purpose DT. I have to agree with Red on this one. I am a big Eifert fan and I don't think he is good value at 19. to bad cause i really believe he would explode in our offense.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    So it sounds like we are screwed. FA is the only way to get immediate change, and we don't have the money to sign top players. We could get lucky and draft a few real studs for OL and LB and DE. Oh that won't work, TC won't play rookies either. So barring major changes in coahing philosophies, I guess we stop worrying about next year and write it off. (some red ink here)

We have professional coahes and athletes. Many of the players we have written off, we havent't really seen play. We may have a few diamonds deep in our pockets that didn't play due to TC's bent toward Vets and distrust of rookies and young players. There is also a chance the coaches could analyze this years performance and decide to change their schemes and play calling.

We all know changes need to be made. I'm just not willing to get so worked up about things now. Not before the teams has even made any meaningful moves to address whats going on. Let's not hate on each other for opinions at this point. None of us really know what the hell we are talking about anyway.

PS The D is old and slow and Gilbride sucks. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They found a good starter in Locklear for really nothing.
    Yes he was solid but he went down mid season....not much you can dow about that but FA would be a good place to look for OL help.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Yes he was solid but he went down mid season....not much you can dow about that but FA would be a good place to look for OL help.
    You don't think Locklear can come back from the injury?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You don't think Locklear can come back from the injury?
    im pulling for him. i was calling him our starting rt the day we signed him practically, at the least that a lot of people were sleeping on him. I knew of him from his long stint in seattle. that was an awesome signing by jr. but, that injury, do u remember how nasty it was? the leg from the knee down went in the complete wrong direction and looked like had been broken clean and barely connected...at 32 or 33 whatever he was, i just cannot fathom him returning to the level he was playing at for us, thats if he can even return. pretty sure, almost positive, that was a career ending injury and its a shame. many thanks to lockler.

U can find a starting quality olineman in FA for next to nothing and the difference in his play than a 6 million dollar a year player is negligible . U cant get a starter in FA at CB or DE than next to nothing. U get far more impact from 1 CB or 1 DE than u get from 1 Olineman especially if we are talking interior lineman

+ Reply to Thread