+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Threat to Giants Draft.

New Threat to Giants Draft.

With the Dallas Cowboys hiring Kiffin as their new DC they'll be switching to a 4-3 and their missing a couple pieces to their D. a DT and another DE. That means their just as much in the market for Ansah, Okafor, Hankins, and any other D-line prospect as we are. We cou;d have the guy we want snatched up right in front of us!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    With the Dallas Cowboys hiring Kiffin as their new DC they'll be switching to a 4-m3 and their missing a couple pieces to their D. a DT and another DE. That means their just as much in the market for Ansah, Okafor, Hankins, and any other D-line prospect as we are. We cou;d have the guy we want snatched up right in front of us!!
    Damn I did not think about that. This could be a potential nightmare if they steal a player away from us. But then again in 2010 the eagles drafted right before us and they took graham. And we all know who we got. Jpp. So these things can go either way.

so is Ware a DE now..??

Quote Originally Posted by carter.525 View Post
    so is Ware a DE now..??
    That's still unclear. He could be trade bait (ala Herschel Walker) but I don't think it'd be to hard for him to transition. but they'd still need another end because Spencer is a FA.

I could see Dallas taking Ansah.. and if Giants want a DE that would leave Montgomery & Okafor.. Im ok with that

They would be interested in all those guys anyway.

Ansah plays 5 tech, which dallas needed, montgomery could potentially play 5 tech. Okafor could be an outside linebacker.

Really not much different.

What dallas played before was more similar to a 4-3 than a traditional 2 gap 3-4 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They would be interested in all those guys anyway.

Ansah plays 5 tech, which dallas needed, montgomery could potentially play 5 tech. Okafor could be an outside linebacker.

Really not much different.

What dallas played before was more similar to a 4-3 than a traditional 2 gap 3-4 anyway
    The real difference will be the secondary. They went out and spent all those resources on cover corners and now are switching to a softer coverage scheme. i wonder how much or if it will effect Sean Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The real difference will be the secondary. They went out and spent all those resources on cover corners and now are switching to a softer coverage scheme. i wonder how much or if it will effect Sean Lee
    Every time the cowboys ran Zone this year they seemed to be ineffective. This can be great new for the giants especially since we struggled so much vs their man cov this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Every time the cowboys ran Zone this year they seemed to be ineffective. This can be great new for the giants especially since we struggled so much vs their man cov this year.
    Its going to look like man coverage. C2 lets the corners beat the crap out of the WRs at the line and for the first 5 yards because they have safeties over the top

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its going to look like man coverage. C2 lets the corners beat the crap out of the WRs at the line and for the first 5 yards because they have safeties over the top
    After the press the corners will either trail the rec or stay in the flat which will take away from their strong man cov abilities

+ Reply to Thread