+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Threat to Giants Draft.

Yea, I mentioned this in another thread. If they switch to 43, DE will be their biggest team need.

There is another side to this tho, itisnt an easy transition for 34 lb to 43 LB, especially in the interior. They would be taking a big risk as they really do have LBs better suited for 34.

Good chance Ansah wont get to us because of the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Damn I did not think about that. This could be a potential nightmare if they steal a player away from us. But then again in 2010 the eagles drafted right before us and they took graham. And we all know who we got. Jpp. So these things can go either way.
    Graham looked pretty damn good this season when they started playing him at the end

Veteran
    4-3 utilizes the front four DT/DE more than the 3-4
    3-4 utilizes the Linebackers more than the 4-3
    Plus cover corners are needed for most 4-3 calls and both carr and claiborne are zone corners
    So I can see Dallas putting emphasis on Corner just as much as DE/DT, then they would have to cycle in Line backers suited for the 4-3 as the only one on that roster they have that's suited for tampa 2 (4-3) is probably Bruce carter and he probably plays SAM; not sure how well Sean Lee translates to a 4-3 MLB he might play well as a WILL.
    Either way its not easy task to uproot a 3-4 and form a 4-3 its a lot less stress going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 still not easy.
    What Dallas really needs though is a QB.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 01-14-2013 at 02:21 AM.
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    4-3 utilizes the front four DT/DE more than the 3-4
    3-4 utilizes the Linebackers more than the 4-3
    Plus cover corners are needed for most 4-3 calls and both carr and claiborne are zone corners
    So I can see Dallas putting emphasis on Corner just as much as DE/DT, then they would have to cycle in Line backers suited for the 4-3 as the only one on that roster they have that's suited for tampa 2 (4-3) is probably Bruce carter and he probably plays SAM; not sure how well Sean Lee translates to a 4-3 MLB he might play well as a WILL.
    Either way its not easy task to uproot a 3-4 and form a 4-3 its a lot less stress going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 still not easy.
    What Dallas really needs though is a QB.
    Claiborne and Carr are not zone corners and there is no way they are going to target corners early in the draft. They just invested the farm in those two guys.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Claiborne and Carr are not zone corners and there is no way they are going to target corners early in the draft. They just invested the farm in those two guys.
    Their definitely not cover corners. and carr is not good at press man. so that kind of screws them going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. And crazier situations have happened in the draft nothing is out of the ordinary when it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    That's still unclear. He could be trade bait (ala Herschel Walker) but I don't think it'd be to hard for him to transition. but they'd still need another end because Spencer is a FA.
    I live in DFW now, was listening to the radio this morning and apparently Kiffin loves Spencer and they are now in talks to lock him up to play him at DE

Their definitely not cover corners. and carr is not good at press man. so that kind of screws them going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. And crazier situations have happened in the draft nothing is out of the ordinary when it comes to that.
    Carr and Claiborne are both press cover corners, what r u talking about?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Carr and Claiborne are both press cover corners, what r u talking about?
    Okay let me put it this way. Nothing that I saw out of carr this year tell me he is a great press man cover corner. Claiborne still has a lot of maturing to do as a player and was not all that effective in press man or off man as well. Playing in the NFC where the receivers are mostly more physical than the AFC the cowboys switching to a 4-3 scheme would have more secondary problems than front line defensive issues.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 01-14-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Okay let me put it this way. Nothing that I saw out of carr this year tell me he is a great press man cover corner. Claiborne still has a lot of maturing to do as a player and was not all that effective in press man or off man as well. Playing in the NFC where the receivers are mostly more physical than the AFC the cowboys switching to a 4-3 scheme would have more secondary problems than front line defensive issues.
    No way their corners are the strength of their team even if they aren't zone corners necessarily. Dware with his hand in the dirt after years of standing up? Same for spencer. Plus the lbs have to adjust also and if Sean lee plays inside he will have to handle the middle without as much help in a 4-3.

+ Reply to Thread