+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn rated last of the NYG free agents

Blackburn rated last of the NYG free agents

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...w-york-giants/

note this small tidbit think they may want to be seling us something lol

Now for some disclaimers:

- The overall ratings only tell part of the story and feature no weighting for specific facets of play. For more in-depth analysis, sign up for our PFF Premium Statistics.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Now for some disclaimers:
    - The overall ratings only tell part of the story and feature no weighting for specific facets of play. For more in-depth analysis, sign up for our PFF Premium Statistics.

And you were surprised at this, the way teams ran up the middle on us was absolutely rediculous. We need a real MLB and this should be something that we focus on in either FA or the draft.

You know that list is suspect when Kregg Lumpkin is rated above Locklear and Pascoe and Ryan Torrain is rated above Carr, Barden, and Rocky Bernard. I'd like to see the explanation behind those. Maybe someone could have done better by picking names out of a bag.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-12-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    You know that list is suspect when Kregg Lumpkin is rated above Locklear and Pascoe and Ryan Torrain is rated above Carr, Barden, and Rocky Bernard. I'd like to see the explanation behind those. Maybe someone could have done better by picking names out of a bag.
    Lumpkin ran well for the few opportunities he had.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Lumpkin ran well for the few opportunities he had.
    He was very serviceable, but at the same time at the expense of D. Wilson's potential playing time (now now don't laugh..) as well in my opinion. Either way, Lumpkin and Torrain were just picked up fill-ins off the street for the Giants RB injury issues this season. I expect Andre Brown to be back and competing at the RB position again next season. With the Giants having Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson again plus any possible draft picks at the RB position going into the next season. Where's the justification to re-sign Lumpkin and Torrain at a higher priority than the names I mentioned?
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-12-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Chase has a Giant heart. I'll give him that. He made some highlight plays. I'll give him that. He just is not a #1 MLB. His play to play performance was just not top LB material. I'd love to keep him on ST and as a #2 LB, and as a #1 cheerleader. He's no Harry Carson, and THAT is what this team really needs in the middle right now. A top player and a real leader. Easy to ask for. Very hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    He was very serviceable, but at the same time at the expense of D. Wilson's potential playing time (now now don't laugh..) as well in my opinion. Either way, Lumpkin and Torrain were just picked up fill-ins off the street for the Giants RB injury issues this season. I expect Andre Brown to be back and competing at the RB position again next season. With the Giants having Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson again plus any possible draft picks at the RB position going into the next season. Where's the justification to re-sign Lumpkin and Torrain at a higher priority than the names I mentioned?
    I don't believe it was at Wilson's expense. We were very thin at RB and they had to see what either Torain or Lumpkin had going on in case Wilson got hurt and you have to admit Wilson is not (yet) a feature back. You have to have a change up back and they picked Lumpkin and he ran well in limited playing time.

I think we should go with Wilson, Brown, Lumpkin, and Scott or a draft pick.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't believe it was at Wilson's expense. We were very thin at RB and they had to see what either Torain or Lumpkin had going on in case Wilson got hurt and you have to admit Wilson is not (yet) a feature back. You have to have a change up back and they picked Lumpkin and he ran well in limited playing time.

I think we should go with Wilson, Brown, Lumpkin, and Scott or a draft pick.
    Yup, let's not forget Da'Rel Scott too. I actually don't mind re-signing Lumpkin and Torrain and 40 other RBs for the sake of offseason competition, but they can't all make it into the regular season. Wouldn't you prioritize FA re-signings with people you'd like to be on your team for the regular season ahead of people that are not projected to be? My argument is the prioritization.

I think in camp we should have Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown, Scott, Lumpkin, Torain, Jacobs, and any draft picks. Open competition. I know people will give me grief for saying Jacobs is old and done, and that may very well be true, but if he can crack #4 on the chart he should get a legitimate shot. We're just asking if he's better than Da'Rel Scott at this point, not Brown or Wilson...
    Andre the Giant

+ Reply to Thread