+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talented Youngsters Have Giants' Future Looking Bright

Talented Youngsters Have Giants' Future Looking Bright

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/12/...ooking-bright/

Excerpt: "The New York Giants offseason had arrived five weeks too early according to all reports from East Rutherford. No kidding. Watching game tape and DVDs of previous games has replaced what the Big Blue Faithful are used to – what is demanded, really.

In doing any of the above – especially that very last home game – one cannot help but notice some of the positives left to reflect upon as free agency and the 2013 NFL Draft talk begins:
    First-round draft pick, running back David Wilson, can be a large part of theNew York Giants run game if the offensive line is a strength and breakout fullback Henry Hynoski continues to build upon his expanded role.

As wide receiver Rueben Randle learns the complicated offensive system, he gains attention as a legitimate threat in the receiving game. He has the size and great talent around him to learn from; he needs to continue to absorb all knowledge and keep up with the positive part of his attitude.

Stepping away from much media banter, cornerback Prince Amukamara should be able to grow into his defensive back role with more confidence. He needs to remain healthy and keep the short-term memory thing in check. Depending on the plan for fellow cornerback Corey Webster, more passes could come his way; he needs to be ready for that.

Perhaps the biggest surprise this season for the defense came in the form of a free agent from Michigan. Safety Stevie Brown has come on as a replacement for fallen safety Kenny Phillips and he never looked back. Imagine what another year of gaining backfield awareness from Antrel Rolle could do for this 4th year pseudo-journeyman/player? Eight interceptions with 307 return yards is just the beginning.

Add to that defensive backfield home state favorite, safety Will Hill. This kid is versatile. He’s played wide receiver, quarterback, running back, and safety in the past, but played mostly nickel while in blue. He’s raw, but in a limited role, he showed flashed that cannot be ignored (on Special Teams as well). There’s a reason the Giants took a chance on him and like with Brown, another year in may prove to be just what Hill needs to be more of a gamer." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I agree that we have a lot of young talent on this roster. Someone really needs to figure out the correct way to BUILD THE BRIDGE from raw rookies to savvy veterans rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMetal 40 View Post
    I agree that we have a lot of young talent on this roster. Someone really needs to figure out the correct way to BUILD THE BRIDGE from raw rookies to savvy veterans rather quickly.
    I think Wilson and Randle benefited from the snaps they took in 2012 and will continue to improve.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Your vision of the newbies is right on target. Brown will just keep getting better as will Hill and our new #1 CB The Prince! I'd like to see them keep Bennett as he put in a greaty year for Big Blue. The only bad thing about Wilson is if he gains on the depth chart we'll lose a great runback man. I think Scott mighht be capable to handle that job. Randle reminds me of Amani Toomer, I hope he has thed same type of toe tapping ability, He'll be here for a while, I hope. Too bad we haven't uncovered any young linemen that have shown notable and exceptional promise. Well, there is always the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Wilson and Randle benefited from the snaps they took in 2012 and will continue to improve.
    Randle should of played more ,Wilson 2

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Randle should of played more
    New season starts now

# 80

Veteran
    The young players are the future of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    The young players are the future of this team.
    lol thanks Yogi. (no criticism intended) The young players are ALWAYS the future of the team.
    I remember Yogi once saying "this kid's future is ahead of him."
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    lol thanks Yogi. (no criticism intended) The young players are ALWAYS the future of the team.
    I remember Yogi once saying "this kid's future is ahead of him."
    but not if they're sitting on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    but not if they're sitting on the bench
    We've got some nice younger players and a few duds, think Brewer.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread