+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giant Calls to Come On Own Free Agents

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...UhixULdbqFme4N

Excerpt: "If there is any downside to winning two Super Bowls in a five-year span, it’s the price for success. Keeping the team together and continuity are more valued and as a result, players get rewarded for being part of the fun.

Given the money the Giants had to distribute, they are not in terrible shape when it comes to gearing up for the 2013 season, but at the moment, they are $4.7 million over the projected salary cap, according to ESPN. It means the Giants have plenty of work to do in the coming months, especially because they have 22 of their own free agents to consider.

It is going to cost to secure Victor Cruz, who probably is looking for a contract that will pay him in the high-rent neighborhood of $10 million per season. There’s also got to be money set aside to re-sign their left tackle, Will Beatty, who is coming off a solid season at a position where young talent gets big bucks.

The Giants also will consider their other free agents which include guard Kevin Boothe, tight end Martellus Bennett, safety Stevie Brown and kicker Lawrence Tynes.
    There’s little doubt a few contracts are going to have to be adjusted and it will not be surprising if a pricey veteran or two gets cut." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Beatty...? Big Bucks? Like BIG bucks? I dont know.. Yes, he does a good job.. But what kind of money are we talking here?

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Beatty...? Big Bucks? Like BIG bucks? I dont know.. Yes, he does a good job.. But what kind of money are we talking here?
    They cant afford to lose Beatty thats a hole they can not fill this offseason. he has to be priority number 1

Left tackle is one of the highest paying positions in the sport. He protects the franchise' blind side. And he is pretty decent.

This is where WE have to be careful. All of this is supposition by media heads who look at similar situations and insert a dollar amount. But Beatty has done a better than average job at LT. Boothe is also worth keeping but I am thinking they can't keep both.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They cant afford to lose Beatty thats a hole they can not fill this offseason. he has to be priority number 1
    I think Reese needs to do what he can to keep Beatty, Bennett, and Cruz. He's going to have to ask some veterans to restructure and if they won't, they'll be history I'm afraid.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Reese needs to do what he can to keep Beatty, Bennett, and Cruz. He's going to have to ask some veterans to restructure and if they won't, they'll be history I'm afraid.
    Agreed.

Also, some free agents that are really quite good are going to have to be let go. I'm seriously doubting that we can keep both KP and Stevie, unless Rolle agrees to a pay cut...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Also, some free agents that are really quite good are going to have to be let go. I'm seriously doubting that we can keep both KP and Stevie, unless Rolle agrees to a pay cut...

Both Rolle and Webster restructured in 2011

http://www.giants101.com/2011/08/09/...ails-revealed/

Excerpt: "“Webster’s salary dropped from $8M this year to $5M. Rolle’s from $5.25M to $1.25M. Both likely make up difference in bonuses/incentives.” Read more...

Eli restructured in 2012, freeing up close to $7M

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...nts-cap-relief
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Both Rolle and Webster restructured in 2011

http://www.giants101.com/2011/08/09/...ails-revealed/

Excerpt: "“Webster’s salary dropped from $8M this year to $5M. Rolle’s from $5.25M to $1.25M. Both likely make up difference in bonuses/incentives.” Read more...

Eli restructured in 2012, freeing up close to $7M

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...nts-cap-relief
    And the problem is now that all three are hitting us hard because of said restructuriings...