+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did we cut Brandon Stokely

I think it was more at the time the Giants were not sure what they had as a slot receiver and Stokely was the best option available. Cruz' only audition at the time was preseason and I think the coaching staff was looking for a more veteran, proven, receiver because Cruz was an unknown in a real game. Stokely didn't impress and got hurt I believe it was and Cruz got on the field. Stokely was just taking up a roster spot at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I think it was more at the time the Giants were not sure what they had as a slot receiver and Stokely was the best option available. Cruz' only audition at the time was preseason and I think the coaching staff was looking for a more veteran, proven, receiver because Cruz was an unknown in a real game. Stokely didn't impress and got hurt I believe it was and Cruz got on the field. Stokely was just taking up a roster spot at that point.
    Not unlike Wilson this year. He only managed to start because everyone else was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Not unlike Wilson this year. He only managed to start because everyone else was injured.
    Yep. It seems we find our gems when something weird happens to one of our options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I'm calling it now, Kregg Lumpkin is going to have a breakout 2013 season with the broncos...

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

+ Reply to Thread