+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone sit back and realize

Quote Originally Posted by BLUDude92 View Post
    Im not expecting him to be a straight out pass rusher every down, but it would give us some flexibility
    You mean like what Kiwi does?

Wouldnt it be easier to just add a good pass rusher and a good linebacker? That way you dont have two guys who can do their jobs on every play

Bench Player
    Well that's why its called an opinion and I think it would work effectively. Oh and Btw love the profile pic, its from one of my favorite movies

Dion Jordan can play that type of role but would have to stand up on third down.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    You mean like what Kiwi does?

Wouldnt it be easier to just add a good pass rusher and a good linebacker? That way you dont have two guys who can do their jobs on every play

beat me to it.

we have who you are looking for in mathias kiwanuka. von miller's position on the defense is pretty much made just for him, in order to put him in the best possible situation to use his best assets. to say the Giants need a linebacker like von miller is basically just saying we should trade for von miller.

We have only made the playoffs once in the past 4 seasons?
    To be fair in 2010 they were 10-6 and missed the playoffs (and were inches away from locking up the division before THE COLLAPSE).

I'm concerned we've narrowly missed the playoffs in the other two years but I'm more concerned about the second half collapses in general, it's happened literally every year under Coughlin and he's clueless about how to fix it.

Terell suggs

Aldon smith

Von miller

James Harrison

Demarcus Ware

Clay Matthews

Tamba Hali

Anthony Spencer

Shaun Phillips

Mario Williams

How are they not abundant? Many of the best pass rushers are outside linebackers
    Aren't just about all those guys 34 LBs, DEs that converted to LB, or LBs that are getting converted to DEs?

Those are some poor examples unless you are advocating switching to a 34.

Bench Player
    My bad, i just meant pass rushing linebackers in general

Bench Player
    He is just completely oblivious to making adjustments

All-Pro
    We have only made the playoffs once in the past 4 seasons?

Something on the coaching needs to change. I don't think necessarily the people need to change, but the attitude of the coaches need to change. Coughlin is determined to play a smash mouth style of football with personnel that is incapable of playing the way he wants. We should be running a very up-tempo offense giving Eli free reign but also giving the defense little time to adjust. I feel that Coughlin and Gilbride are forcing this offense to play what they want instead of the best option that fits our players. Our defense on the other hand, needs to be more aggressive Put it this way, we need more Stevie Brown's and less Corey Webster's. What im saying is we need to pursue more players with a knack for turnovers,aggressive mentality, and ball hawking. Besides JPP, our D Line is getting a bit older. I feel we should pursue a linebacker similar to Von Miller. He can sack the quarterback, but also play the outside linebacker position very efficiently. This would fill the hole we have at linebacker and at a pass rushing position. In conclusion, these are the changes I feel would be best for the team.

P.S: Please take into consideration that this is my opinion and is not meant for anyone to be pleased or displeased with it.

Feel free to post your opinions as well
    I wouldn't exactly call the Giants style of play "smash mouth".. in fact, it is probably about as far from that as you can possibly get. You can say a lot of things about the offense but physical, run first, and smash mouth are definitely not at the top of the list. However, I do agree with some of what you said, going with an up-tempo offense, at least at times, would be good.

On defense, I think the biggest issues are at DT and LB, not DE and secondary. They do give up a lot of big plays against both the run and pass and the pass rush isn't nearly as good as last year. I think a lot of that has to do with the LB positions, they are unable to shoot the gaps and aren't very good dropping into coverage to stop those short passes that keep the chains moving, forcing the D to stay on the field way too long. If you can do a better job taking away those quick passes and stopping the run, the QB holds the ball longer and the DEs have time to get to him.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    To be fair in 2010 they were 10-6 and missed the playoffs (and were inches away from locking up the division before THE COLLAPSE).

I'm concerned we've narrowly missed the playoffs in the other two years but I'm more concerned about the second half collapses in general, it's happened literally every year under Coughlin and he's clueless about how to fix it.
    Personel changes to this guy or that won't make a difference until this issue is addressed. After figuring that out, start looking for people on defense that have dealt alot in college with option QBs.

+ Reply to Thread