+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if dom capers gets fired..

one thing i noticed, slighty off topic but nonetheless, to counteract the option read offense, having 2 bookend DE's is a MUST. SF just kept doing it away from Mathews side and thats when he got those huge runs. I noticed we tended to do a little better vs spread option teams bc we had for the most part 2 bookend DE's, altho once teams figured on how best to attack (vs osi), we didnt do as well, at least imo.

They ran the read option at Matthews quite a few times. Cant stop the read option with the player that gets optioned. Have to let that player just take one of the two, and need secondary support from LB/DB to stop the other.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Seahawks beat the crap out of a Kapernick led 49ers in week 16.

And Im not a huge fan of Capers. Think he was fortunate to have some great DBs and Clay Matthews there in GB.
    They had a nice collection of DB's

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They ran the read option at Matthews quite a few times. Cant stop the read option with the player that gets optioned. Have to let that player just take one of the two, and need secondary support from LB/DB to stop the other.
    i know they did. the long td runs were away from him tho...

This is not going to happen-Perry Fewell's contract extended, Gilbride not going anywhere either so we need to move on with the fired coaches should be Giants coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    both played. and kapernick came in the 4th and looked just as ****ty as smith did so...u can make any statement u choose and none will make "we shilacked them 26-3 @ SF" untrue...
    What are u talking about he got the last drive of the game when it was already 26-3 hardly him playing
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-13-2013 at 09:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread