+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 171
  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    102,257

    NY Giants' Positional Review: Quarterback

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/13...ing-david-carr

    Excerpt: "We have reviewed the New York Giants coaching staff, including head coach Tom Coughlin and coordinators Kevin Gilbrideand Perry Fewell. Let's turn our attention today to positional reviews. We will start with quarterback.

    Eli Manning
    -- Let's just acknowledge what everybody knows already -- the 2012 season was not Manning's best work.

    The 59.9 percent completion rate was the first time in five seasons Manning finished a season below 60 percent completions. The yardage was nearly 1,000 yards shy of 2011 and the first time in four years he finished below 4,000 passing yards.
    There has been much talk about how much Hakeem Nicks' knee injury impacted the Giants' passing offense. That, however, does not excuse some of the poor decisions made by Manning in 2012 -- none worse than the decision to throw a deep ball to Ramses Barden at the end of the Week 4 game against the Philadelphia Eagles. If you really want to break it down, this could well be the single play that kept the Giants out of the playoffs. Thanks to NFL Game Pass and All-22 film here are a couple of screenshots from that ill-fated play." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  2. #2
    That was a boneheaded play, one of many by Eli and company. If I'm not mistaken we didn't see very much of Ramses after that

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    102,257
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
    That was a boneheaded play, one of many by Eli and company. If I'm not mistaken we didn't see very much of Ramses after that
    Barden did what he had to do to prevent an interception.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-13-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  4. #4
    Veteran nycisgreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    1,913
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Barden did what he had to do to prevent an interception.
    +1.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-13-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

  5. #5
    Eli needs to pick out his horse. It's almost time to ride off into the sunset. If it wasn't for Tyree's circus catch and Manninghams haul in down the sideline Eli's stature would be far less than it is now. There would be no rings on his finger and he would be glowing in mediocrity.This past year he played like crap. He throws a wobbly ball, he stares down his targets, he forces throws into double coverage, he doesn't find the open guy, he looks like a total loser and a sulking baby when things go wrong, he has no escape ability and the speed of an old lady. He has the same response time after time when he plays a bad game and comes off as a dufuss.This past season is a great example of his many short comings. Eli got outplayed this season by rookies. We need to get a guy on the roster that can challenge for the job.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Eli needs to pick out his horse. It's almost time to ride off into the sunset. If it wasn't for Tyree's circus catch and Manninghams haul in down the sideline Eli's stature would be far less than it is now. There would be no rings on his finger and he would be glowing in mediocrity.This past year he played like crap. He throws a wobbly ball, he stares down his targets, he forces throws into double coverage, he doesn't find the open guy, he looks like a total loser and a sulking baby when things go wrong, he has no escape ability and the speed of an old lady. He has the same response time after time when he plays a bad game and comes off as a dufuss.This past season is a great example of his many short comings. Eli got outplayed this season by rookies. We need to get a guy on the roster that can challenge for the job.
    Wow, it's not even worth arguing with you.

  7. #7
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Eli needs to pick out his horse. It's almost time to ride off into the sunset. If it wasn't for Tyree's circus catch and Manninghams haul in down the sideline Eli's stature would be far less than it is now. There would be no rings on his finger and he would be glowing in mediocrity.This past year he played like crap. He throws a wobbly ball, he stares down his targets, he forces throws into double coverage, he doesn't find the open guy, he looks like a total loser and a sulking baby when things go wrong, he has no escape ability and the speed of an old lady. He has the same response time after time when he plays a bad game and comes off as a dufuss.This past season is a great example of his many short comings. Eli got outplayed this season by rookies. We need to get a guy on the roster that can challenge for the job.
    Okay, so you're not his biggest fan, but there is no denying the guy was great in 2011, and he did what was needed in 2007 which helped bring two trophies to the Meadowlands.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

  8. #8
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,070
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Wow, it's not even worth arguing with you.
    Obviously, just check the user name.

    sincerely,
    OverratedMediocreTightEnd08

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Eli needs to pick out his horse. It's almost time to ride off into the sunset. If it wasn't for Tyree's circus catch and Manninghams haul in down the sideline Eli's stature would be far less than it is now. There would be no rings on his finger and he would be glowing in mediocrity.This past year he played like crap. He throws a wobbly ball, he stares down his targets, he forces throws into double coverage, he doesn't find the open guy, he looks like a total loser and a sulking baby when things go wrong, he has no escape ability and the speed of an old lady. He has the same response time after time when he plays a bad game and comes off as a dufuss.This past season is a great example of his many short comings. Eli got outplayed this season by rookies. We need to get a guy on the roster that can challenge for the job.
    You can not even debate with someone who calls themselves ShockeyStays08. Ridiculous post.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Barden did what he had to do to prevent an interception.
    Yes he did.

    I am betting Eli comes back with a force this coming season. If he is the Eli we know and love he will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts