+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Jason Taylorís pain shows NFLís world of hurt

  1. #1

    Jason Taylorís pain shows NFLís world of hurt

    I know this is in the wrong place but it should be read

    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...lors-pain.html

    He played games, plural, with a hidden and taped catheter running from his armpit to his heart. His calf was oozing blood for so many months, from September of one year to February of another, that he had to have the equivalent of a drain installed.

  2. #2
    Oh Boy.

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,728
    What price glory? The things we don't know......
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  4. #4
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I know this is in the wrong place but it should be read

    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...lors-pain.html

    He played games, plural, with a hidden and taped catheter running from his armpit to his heart. His calf was oozing blood for so many months, from September of one year to February of another, that he had to have the equivalent of a drain installed.
    Honestly, it is sad what these athlete on ANY level endure. And all that for Glory and maybe money...

    And I mean everyone from Football to Baseball to Basketball and Hockey, MMA and Boxing...

    Modern day Gladiators doesn't even do them justice...


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  5. #5
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Crazy though right. I mean the guy wont probably live to 50 with all the damage he has done to himself
    Reading that part about the basement room WITH doctors. It give the impression of possible illegality and certainly immorality
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-13-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  6. #6
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,728
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Honestly, it is sad what these athlete on ANY level endure. And all that for Glory and maybe money...

    And I mean everyone from Football to Baseball to Basketball and Hockey, MMA and Boxing...

    Modern day Gladiators doesn't even do them justice...
    And, for the NFL, the chickens are coming home to roost in terms of thousands of lawsuits being filed by former players
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    "I test how other people deal with reality"
    Posts
    59,198
    nice story, its a sacrifice. i think the problem is some players ,play too long. this is part of the reason tiki retired i remember him talking about how jerome bettis cant walk down a flight of stairs anymore.

  8. #8
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    nice story, its a sacrifice. i think the problem is some players ,play too long. this is part of the reason tiki retired i remember him talking about how jerome bettis cant walk down a flight of stairs anymore.
    As a GM though, you see the problem now with all of these lawsuits. How much blame is on individual players? Teams? Doctors? Fans?
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  9. #9
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    nice story, its a sacrifice. i think the problem is some players ,play too long. this is part of the reason tiki retired i remember him talking about how jerome bettis cant walk down a flight of stairs anymore.
    Robert Smith of the Vikings said while I am healthy I am leaving I have made a lot of money time to finish school.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  10. #10
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,728
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Robert Smith of the Vikings said while I am healthy I am leaving I have made a lot of money time to finish school.
    Clearly a man whose priorities are intact
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1






    # 80

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts