+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Jason Taylorís pain shows NFLís world of hurt

  1. #21
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yeah fans need to realize its not just one reason why players retire "sooner than they feel they should"

    a player has a risk involved here.

    as far as playing through injuries that should be the players choice and a waiver signed.
    RG III's situation comes to mind. Is he going to be the effective QB he was?
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1


  2. #22
    A very fine line between ultra competitiveness and ultra stupidity.

  3. #23
    This article is a prime examle of why I like the fact that in Coughlins regime you cant lose your job to injury. Taylor says in the interview about his backup waiting to show that he can play through more pain and take his job if Tayor ls out to heal.

    Players shouldnt feel like they have to make that decision.

  4. #24
    Sorry, I feel no sympathy for guys making millions a yr to play a game. They have enough to last them a lifetime if they are smart. If they're stupid enough to squander their fortune, that's on them. How bout feeling sympathy for all the combat wounded war vets that are missing entire limbs & eyes, nose/ears/lips & are disfigured from being burned alive in a burning helo or tank. 100% disability is $3000+ a month for life compared to the millions these players get to play a game.

    Amazing & pathetic how actors, musicians & athletes get more hype, recognition & praise than those of us that have volunteered to put our lives on the line for this ungrateful country.

    Semper Fi

  5. #25
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    14,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It's sad when fans talk about players being "soft". Easy to say that when you only see them for three hours every week.

    I hate to think how many of today's stars are going to go the way of Junior Seau.
    this, my God this


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  6. #26
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    14,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Sorry, I feel no sympathy for guys making millions a yr to play a game. They have enough to last them a lifetime if they are smart. If they're stupid enough to squander their fortune, that's on them. How bout feeling sympathy for all the combat wounded war vets that are missing entire limbs & eyes, nose/ears/lips & are disfigured from being burned alive in a burning helo or tank. 100% disability is $3000+ a month for life compared to the millions these players get to play a game.

    Amazing & pathetic how actors, musicians & athletes get more hype, recognition & praise than those of us that have volunteered to put our lives on the line for this ungrateful country.

    Semper Fi
    as a Vet myself, and with a disability now, I can really and truly understand your point of View.

    However this is just a symptom of a bigger issue. Our Society, much like the ancient Romans, loves the "games," and the money generated by the owners of professional teams speaks volumes.

    We will spend 30 bucks on a tee, a tee for goodness sake, just because of the logo printed or stitched on it. But when you wear the Uniform you get called horrendous names but certain people of a certain political leaning.

    You know how many times people have said to me, "Thanks for serving" and yet try to F me over if it gets them ahead? I display a "Veteran" decal and yet still put up with sideways looks and all that.

    You my friend are a hero to me because of what you do/ did. Any and all who wore the Uniform, be it Military, Law Enforcement deserve honor and respect.

    As for "modern day gladiators," let's be for real. the allure of making so much money for playing a "game" is too great to be passed up.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  7. #27
    Thanks for your service as well bro. What burns me even more is when some maggots have the audacity to pull the " no one forced you to serve/volunteer" card.

    I'm an Iraq/Stan Marine combat vet who served with 2nd MarDiv 2/8 wpns co 81s plt from 1996-2004 & proudly held the rank of SGT of Marines.

    I completely understand about not being able to pass up the millions to play a "game". I don't begrudge them that. What I have an issue with is all these players knew that playing in the NFL came with great risks of getting injured and retiring with nagging & life long injuries incurred while playing. But unlike us, who got paid a bucket of spit compared to what they got paid, to put our lives on the line 365 days a yr for 4-10-20 yrs! They got paid millions of dollars to play in game. We got paid a couple a thousand a month to possibly give up our lives in defense of our country.

    So excuse me if I don't give a flying hoot about the woes of players that made millions playing a game.

    Semper Fi

  8. #28
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    14,943
    LOL no excuse needed, you earned it. Hope it doesn't bother you hearing that from an Army M1 Tanker though.

    hooah to your hoo-rah [beer]


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  9. #29
    Veteran NYG 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    as a Vet myself, and with a disability now, I can really and truly understand your point of View.

    However this is just a symptom of a bigger issue. Our Society, much like the ancient Romans, loves the "games," and the money generated by the owners of professional teams speaks volumes.

    We will spend 30 bucks on a tee, a tee for goodness sake, just because of the logo printed or stitched on it. But when you wear the Uniform you get called horrendous names but certain people of a certain political leaning.

    You know how many times people have said to me, "Thanks for serving" and yet try to F me over if it gets them ahead? I display a "Veteran" decal and yet still put up with sideways looks and all that.

    You my friend are a hero to me because of what you do/ did. Any and all who wore the Uniform, be it Military, Law Enforcement deserve honor and respect.

    As for "modern day gladiators," let's be for real. the allure of making so much money for playing a "game" is too great to be passed up.
    us relating to ancient Romans? you mean like fighting endless proxy wars, producing nothing of anything with real value within our own borders, having an inactive, distracted citizenry and upside down budget? you got that right.

  10. #30
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    14,943
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG 5 View Post
    us relating to ancient Romans? you mean like fighting endless proxy wars, producing nothing of anything with real value within our own borders, having an inactive, distracted citizenry and upside down budget? you got that right.
    lol, easy there, easy...


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts