+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It makes me wonder what Bradshaw, as an example, goes through to play on Sunday????

I will never forget a Wellington Mara interview after Bavaro was released when asked how could they release him. Wellington said he couldn't live with himself if Bavaro ended up crippled for life. I don't think a lot of owners today feel that way.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-13-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    nice story, its a sacrifice. i think the problem is some players ,play too long. this is part of the reason tiki retired i remember him talking about how jerome bettis cant walk down a flight of stairs anymore.
    If this is the price of 3 more years Tiki was right to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    +1
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them:

“Would I do it all again? I would,” Taylor says. “If I had to sleep on the steps standing up for 15 years, I would do it.”

That's a pretty strong statement right there

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Reading that part about the basement room WITH doctors. It give the impression of possible illegality and certainly immorality
    Yeah what was up with that. If your hiding out in a basement locked away from everyone else something is wrong with whats going on.How are the Dolphins Doctors not going to be found guilty if 5 years from now this guy keels over

Also Taylor has some serious Mental illness to do this to himself

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I wouldn't feel too sorry for them:

“Would I do it all again? I would,” Taylor says. “If I had to sleep on the steps standing up for 15 years, I would do it.”

That's a pretty strong statement right there
    I don't get the sense he's looking for sympathy, just telling it like it is.

Yeah what was up with that. If your hiding out in a basement locked away from everyone else something is wrong with whats going on.How are the Dolphins Doctors not going to be found guilty if 5 years from now this guy keels over

Also Taylor has some serious Mental illness to do this to himself
    We will probably hear more reaction to this as time goes by.

It's sad when fans talk about players being "soft". Easy to say that when you only see them for three hours every week.

I hate to think how many of today's stars are going to go the way of Junior Seau.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It's sad when fans talk about players being "soft". Easy to say that when you only see them for three hours every week.

I hate to think how many of today's stars are going to go the way of Junior Seau.
    +1

yeah fans need to realize its not just one reason why players retire "sooner than they feel they should"

a player has a risk involved here.

as far as playing through injuries that should be the players choice and a waiver signed.