+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy Why do I get this crazy feeling Reese will not make any surprise Cuts

I fear Reese and the FO will keep all of these over inflated contracts and restructure a few to barely get under after signing some of our own FA's and rookies.
    meaning nothing special added in Free Agency ala Linebacker or oline.

god i hope i'm wrong. but it seems the giants tend to hold on to players and don't like to take cap penalties.

Veteran
    I have had the same feeling. I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    I fear Reese and the FO will keep all of these over inflated contracts and restructure a few to barely get under after signing some of our own FA's and rookies.
    meaning nothing special added in Free Agency ala Linebacker or oline.

god i hope i'm wrong. but it seems the giants tend to hold on to players and don't like to take cap penalties.
    You've been hanging out with Giggles?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    I have had the same feeling. I think you're right.
    the thing that sucks is most of the guysunderperforn and then we are blocked from nice fa signings and in the same boat or worse off the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You've been hanging out with Giggles?
    lol yeah it does sound like giggles , if i changed crazy to bad feeling. haha

Veteran
    When did you get that feeling? Was it after it was announced there would be no changes on the coaching staff? Was it after he said Tuck and Webster would be back? I know exactly how it'll play.. mostly everyone will be back, we'll start hot.. fold at the end and either limp into the playoffs or not make it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    lol yeah it does sound like giggles , if i changed crazy to bad feeling. haha
    I hope (think) you're wrong. We need CAP space and,a s others have pointed out, there are only so many restructures you can do and you aren't making the future any more secure. The only real answer is cutting players who have crested OR not signing players like Beatty and Cruz.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    When did you get that feeling? Was it after it was announced there would be no changes on the coaching staff? Was it after he said Tuck and Webster would be back? I know exactly how it'll play.. mostly everyone will be back, we'll start hot.. fold at the end and either limp into the playoffs or not make it at all.
    its like groudhogs day. Giants are loyal to a fault.

sometimes you have to make hard cuts based on performance and cap space used on said player. having 7-8 players take up 70 percent of the cap and most are over 32 is mind boggling to me as a business man.,

I have a crazy feeling Cruz will get his big payday

then perform like 90% of them do after getting paid

I don't think our team is that good, couple middling FAs and draft picks arent gonna turn the tide
    at least our division is mediocre so we'll still have a shot

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    I have a crazy feeling Cruz will get his big payday

then perform like 90% of them do after getting paid

I don't think our team is that good, couple middling FAs and draft picks arent gonna turn the tide
    at least our division is mediocre so we'll still have a shot
    But that's the thing man, if you cut the dead weight on the roster that's eating up cap space, you can get more than a couple middling FAs, and if you combine that with a great draft.. it puts right back in the midst things.