+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2010

Damn looking back at the 2010 draft, the Giants could have been in much better shape right now. JPP would be a top 2 pick in that draft if it were today so you can't complain there but there were some huge misses. We could've come away with JPP, Daryl Washington, Jimmy Graham, and Geno Atkins!!! Kinda puts into perspective the type of talent that can be had later in the draft. If I was the GM we would've had Graham and Washington, but no way would I have picked JPP then.

Who is the Geno Atkins of this year?

Every other team would have grabbed those guys too. Linval is a very good DT so I don't complain about that one too much. And I loved chad jones coming out. Who knows what kind of player he could have became.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Every other team would have grabbed those guys too. Linval is a very good DT so I don't complain about that one too much. And I loved chad jones coming out. Who knows what kind of player he could have became.
    Kam Chancelor type probably

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Damn looking back at the 2010 draft, the Giants could have been in much better shape right now. JPP would be a top 2 pick in that draft if it were today so you can't complain there but there were some huge misses. We could've come away with JPP, Daryl Washington, Jimmy Graham, and Geno Atkins!!! Kinda puts into perspective the type of talent that can be had later in the draft. If I was the GM we would've had Graham and Washington, but no way would I have picked JPP then.

Who is the Geno Atkins of this year?
    It is easy to look back at picks in hindsight but the giants did a good job with their first two picks. The problem is that they struck out with the rest of their picks. Dodge, petrus, tracy (jury is still out), dillard, and chad jones (not their fault).

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    It is easy to look back at picks in hindsight but the giants did a good job with their first two picks. The problem is that they struck out with the rest of their picks. Dodge, petrus, tracy (jury is still out), dillard, and chad jones (not their fault).
    Their first two picks were very good but I just started looking back at this when I thought of Geno Atkins. He's another one of those up-and-coming defensive studs (JPP, Watt, Miller, etc.) but the thing is he was a 4th round pick while they're all 1st rounders. How can a 4th round pick have such an impact so early in his career?

Its not his fault Chad Jones got into crash.. Chad Jones was solid value and a super athlete with size and speed, and alot of potential.. Daryl Washington is good, but so is Linval Joseph.. A space eater that can get to the QB on occasion, and get into backfield.. Thats not a bad 2nd rder at all.. JPP is obviously a stud.. I think we'd of went 3for3 if Chad Jones would of been healthy.. 4th rd is a rd u gotta hit on 50pct of the time, and the rest of the rds are hit and misses, and u mostly hope to get helpful parts to a team and the occasional stud.. Jerry Reese does well getting helpful parts in later rds and finds occasional stud(ahmad bradshaw).. Lets not forget Reese snagged Victor Cruz as well, albeit as a undrafted free agent..

Can't draft em all.....I thought Graham had crazy upside & could be a steal,but thought 3rd was too early at the time...
    I wasn't a Washington fan...
    But, Atkins, regardless of taking Joseph already, I was %99 sure he was goin to be our 4th rounder instead of that POS Dillard...without a doubt Atkins was BPA & was undeniably good in college

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Kam Chancelor type probably
    I agree with this analogy. Hard hitting with good speed and good hand eye coordination ( baseball back ground). I meet him while I was working at best buy mid town Manhattan he was looking for a new television, big guy, good person. I told him just do me a favor and light desean jackson up he laughed and said "yeah i can do that for you." Was sad to hear about his accident, I hope he recovers enough to see the field again some day. I would never consider him a wasted pick.
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College