+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Just a thought in regards to Fewel and his Defense

His defense relies so heavy upon a 3 Safety system and many times this year we had to abandon this because of injuries to KP and all that.

I believe our defensive #s were a lot better with our 3 S's playing at the same time. It was effective vs GB and cant remember all the other times. So with that said and the fact that Fewel will be around at least this year and perhaps longer dont you think we should put a higher emphasis on drafting a young safety ? I think our biggest need is DT presence and maybe add another CB but having a Safety that can help in centre field would be nice.

Any thoughts

I watch the S on Minny and think wow if we had some kind of player like that would totally help our pass defense. Also given the fact this is a passing league.

So upcoming draft/Free agency I would be looking at something like this

DT- Monster plain and simple
    LB - Someone that can actually run and tackle would be nice
    CB - wont hurt to add another young fast corner
    S - I think we need some youth and athleticism
    C/Guard - depth
    Rb -depth

All-Pro
    Biggest need on defense is a pass rusher opposite JPP.

All-Pro
    Having a DT to move pocket will help DE's.

All-Pro
    Having two DE's to apply pressure will help the secondary.

I'll see ya 2 DE's and raise ya a fleet footed, wide bodied, DT to force the QB to the edge rushers
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Is not a bad idea. Just like the idea of two DE's applying tons of pressure and having the QB throwing the ball before they really want o and having the secondary makes lots of turnovers like they did this year. Joseph and Canty will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Is not a bad idea. Just like the idea of two DE's applying tons of pressure and having the QB throwing the ball before they really want o and having the secondary makes lots of turnovers like they did this year. Joseph and Canty will be fine.
    We have a few pressing needs and the DLine is clearly one of them. But, unlike other units, we may have some talent already on the roster at DE that can step up in Tracy and Ojomo. The same can be said of the secondary with Hosley and Hll. I don't feel that way about the OLine.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    it has to be DT and LB with speed highest priorities.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'll see ya 2 DE's and raise ya a fleet footed, wide bodied, DT to force the QB to the edge rushers
    Wow your agreeing with me ? wow.

Even when KP walks, we don't need a safety. Assuming we re-sign Stevie Brown.