MLB
    OLB
    OLB
    RT
    CB
    DE
    DT
    G

In my mind, whether or not we sign Beatty will dictate everything else. . .including the draft.

If we sign him, it will be for significant $$, and he WILL BE our LT of the future, because he'll be locked up cap space, and he's completely unfit for any other position.

If we sign him, then I'd say: 3-down LB, Interior Lineman, CB, workhorse RB
    If we don't (can't) sign him, then put LT in front of everything else. . .with extreme urgency.
    Last edited by RagTime Blue; 01-13-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Wow! Am I the only one that thought run defense was our biggest problem this year.

1) DT
    2) MLB
    3) RT
    4) DE
    5) CB
    6) SLB
    7) OG

All-Pro
    RT and DE are tied for first then a CB.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Wow! Am I the only one that thought run defense was our biggest problem this year.

1) DT
    2) MLB
    3) RT
    4) DE
    5) CB
    6) SLB
    7) OG
    No, you are not alone. However, I think a run stuffing MLB is more important than DTs and DEs. I think we have bodies there that may step up. I don't see any #1 MLB on this club right now.

All-Pro
    On defense they need another pass rusher opposite JPP.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post

1) DT
    2) MLB
    3) RT
    4) DE
    5) CB
    6) SLB
    7) OG
    I got MLB and DT in top 5 needs. OT is by far the most important need though. Resigning Beatty is huge if we get it. Getting a RT worth a damn (Whether it's locklear or someone else) is important as well. Not being able to run the ball effectively or let any of our passing game open up due to crappy protection hurt us far more than run stopping issues.

Also, getting an all-around DE that's not One Trick Osi lined up opposite JPP would help a lot. A great deal of our not being able to stop the run was that opposing RBs would run almost entirely on Osi when going outside. It was a freebie first down every time.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-14-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Here's my ranks:

1) OT
    2) MLB
    3) CB
    4) DT
    5) DE
    6) OLB
    7) G
    8) TE
    9) S
    10) C
    11) RB
    12) WR
    13) FB
    14) QB

EDIT: In light of comments made in this thread i'm dropping C from #2 to #10...
    my top 3, considering the fact I think we go defense the first 3 rounds, are:

MLB, CB, DE,

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    my top 3, considering the fact I think we go defense the first 3 rounds, are:

MLB, CB, DE,
    Still need OT on top. Other than that the next offensive need is at #7 so I agree that defense is a high priority...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Still need OT on top. Other than that the next offensive need is at #7 so I agree that defense is a high priority...
    no doubt we need OL, but I just see the giants taking the approach that we have somebody on the roster who will step up and in,,MAYBE an OL via free agency. I don't think ansah, or any DL player we really like makes it to us,,but one of jonathan banks, alec ogeltree, or xavier rhodes would be nice in the first. I am really hoping we give the honey badger a look in the 5th through 7th,,,why the heck not,,,undersized,,needs to be coached up,,but one hell of an electric return guy as well as a flat out ball hawk,,,always room for a guy like that and I think the giants organization could straighten him out.

+ Reply to Thread