+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rank Positions on team by order of need

1.Pass Rusher - Somehow this board has forgotten how this team has won 2 Super Bowls.They didnt win because of RT's. When Osi leaves the Giants wont have 1 edge rusher on the roster. Getting someone that can threaten the edge can change a whole Defense with 1 player
    2. Strongside End - Tuck at best is now just an early down player. its possible if the Giants draft a player Like Mingo that he could take over at LB pushing Kiwanuka here
    3. Cornerback -Preferably a CB that can play press coverage. If they draft 1 and play off all game then i will be on the Fire Fewell Bandwagon myself
    4. MLB- Giants LB's did not play nearly as well as i thought they would this year.On paper this group as good as the Giants had in a long time.. Boley was nowhere near as good as he was in 2011. Jacquain Williams I expected to become a legitimate starter was hurt all season. Keith Rivers was just as disappointing in NY as in Cincinnati,Herzlich great story but not a long term answer and will struggle to make the roster next season, Blackburn is to physically limited to play this many snaps and for every splash play come 10 snaps of not good enough. Paysinger I thought played well with the snaps he received.

I still like some of the bodies at OLB. I thought the Giants would be able to move on from Boley and they still might. Williams didnt take the spot like i thought he would. MLB still needs an upgrade. MLB's the last 2 seasons have been found in FA fairly cheap maybe they can find a stop gap there.

5. OLine- This will move up if Beatty isnt resigned but I believe he will be the Giants top priority and will be back. I cant see the Giants allowing a rookie or god forbid Diehl protect Eli's blindside next season. C and RG I think will remain the same for 2013. A lot of people want the Giants to draft a RT however I believe the Giants are intent on turning that spot over to James Brewer. James Brewer was a raw physically talented prospect that was going to be a 2 year project. The 2 years are up. My guess is the Giants will bring in another cut vet and try to roll with Brewer. Is a RT possible yes but the with Brewer and Mosley recently drafted I believe that the Giants feel the answer is on the roster already.LG is the other spot that I could see a draft pick being used. Quite frankly had they drafted Cordy Glenn last yIear instead of a split time RB we wouldnt be having these discussions about the line.He could of played either Guard or Tackle spot and we would be set. I dont think Boothe will be replaced in 2013 but he only has 1 year left and he is the definition of average

WildCard Safety- The Giants could be very deep here or in trouble depending what happens in FA we must wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    1.Pass Rusher - Somehow this board has forgotten how this team has won 2 Super Bowls.They didnt win because of RT's. When Osi leaves the Giants wont have 1 edge rusher on the roster. Getting someone that can threaten the edge can change a whole Defense with 1 player
    I think the days of edge rushers are over. With so much mobility at QB especially in the NFC, we need someone who can set up a contain. Osi getting run on damn near every play some games was a big part of our run defense woes. Edge rushing skills are just a bonus.

2. Strongside End - Tuck at best is now just an early down player. its possible if the Giants draft a player Like Mingo that he could take over at LB pushing Kiwanuka here
    I'm all for moving Kiwi to a permanent DE position, and I think that's how we solve the situation short-term. I'd save Tuck for some rotational snaps and nascar packages if we're keeping him.

3. Cornerback -Preferably a CB that can play press coverage. If they draft 1 and play off all game then i will be on the Fire Fewell Bandwagon myself
    Prince can play press coverage if he is assigned such, but PF kept telling him to line up 10 yards off the LOS. It was infuriating to say the least. Hosley is more of a ball hawk, but I think given a little extra practice he can start opposite Prince, and we can relegate Webster to a backup role.

4. MLB- Giants LB's did not play nearly as well as i thought they would this year.On paper this group as good as the Giants had in a long time.. Boley was nowhere near as good as he was in 2011. Jacquain Williams I expected to become a legitimate starter was hurt all season. Keith Rivers was just as disappointing in NY as in Cincinnati,Herzlich great story but not a long term answer and will struggle to make the roster next season, Blackburn is to physically limited to play this many snaps and for every splash play come 10 snaps of not good enough. Paysinger I thought played well with the snaps he received.
    I think we could use an upgrade here as well. One of Te'o and Ogletree should be available round 1.

I still like some of the bodies at OLB. I thought the Giants would be able to move on from Boley and they still might. Williams didnt take the spot like i thought he would. MLB still needs an upgrade. MLB's the last 2 seasons have been found in FA fairly cheap maybe they can find a stop gap there.
    I think that Boley got almost no snaps in the last 2 games might be a sign that we're moving away from him. Hopefully between Williams and Rivers we can find his replacement. Honestly, Williams-Ogletree-Rivers sounds like an excellent combo, except for the fact that the two outside LB get hurt all the time.

5. OLine- This will move up if Beatty isnt resigned but I believe he will be the Giants top priority and will be back. I cant see the Giants allowing a rookie or god forbid Diehl protect Eli's blindside next season. C and RG I think will remain the same for 2013. A lot of people want the Giants to draft a RT however I believe the Giants are intent on turning that spot over to James Brewer. James Brewer was a raw physically talented prospect that was going to be a 2 year project. The 2 years are up. My guess is the Giants will bring in another cut vet and try to roll with Brewer. Is a RT possible yes but the with Brewer and Mosley recently drafted I believe that the Giants feel the answer is on the roster already.LG is the other spot that I could see a draft pick being used. Quite frankly had they drafted Cordy Glenn last yIear instead of a split time RB we wouldnt be having these discussions about the line.He could of played either Guard or Tackle spot and we would be set. I dont think Boothe will be replaced in 2013 but he only has 1 year left and he is the definition of average
    I think Boothe (average) should move over to Center to replace Baas (terrible), but we're stuck with Baas for another season. If Warmack somehow fell to #19 (unlikely), we could easily do such a thing, especially in 2014.

I'm not sold on Brewer at RT though... he hasn't seen much of anything, couldn't even beat out Diehl (although, to be fair, TC went with Diehl over Locklear when both were healthy).

WildCard Safety- The Giants could be very deep here or in trouble depending what happens in FA we must wait and see
    I don't think we keep both KP and Stevie due to cap limitations, but we do keep at least one of them. Between that keeper, Rolle, and Hill, we should be set for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Understandable. It's just that the Giants are financially committed to Baas, who will be one of the highest paid Centers for years to come.
    Years to come? WTH. I thought that 2013 was Bass's last year of guarenteed money. Anyone have the contract details?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think the days of edge rushers are over. With so much mobility at QB especially in the NFC, we need someone who can set up a contain. Osi getting run on damn near every play some games was a big part of our run defense woes. Edge rushing skills are just a bonus.

I'm all for moving Kiwi to a permanent DE position, and I think that's how we solve the situation short-term. I'd save Tuck for some rotational snaps and nascar packages if we're keeping him.

Prince can play press coverage if he is assigned such, but PF kept telling him to line up 10 yards off the LOS. It was infuriating to say the least. Hosley is more of a ball hawk, but I think given a little extra practice he can start opposite Prince, and we can relegate Webster to a backup role.

I think we could use an upgrade here as well. One of Te'o and Ogletree should be available round 1.

I think that Boley got almost no snaps in the last 2 games might be a sign that we're moving away from him. Hopefully between Williams and Rivers we can find his replacement. Honestly, Williams-Ogletree-Rivers sounds like an excellent combo, except for the fact that the two outside LB get hurt all the time.

I think Boothe (average) should move over to Center to replace Baas (terrible), but we're stuck with Baas for another season. If Warmack somehow fell to #19 (unlikely), we could easily do such a thing, especially in 2014.

I'm not sold on Brewer at RT though... he hasn't seen much of anything, couldn't even beat out Diehl (although, to be fair, TC went with Diehl over Locklear when both were healthy).

I don't think we keep both KP and Stevie due to cap limitations, but we do keep at least one of them. Between that keeper, Rolle, and Hill, we should be set for a while.
    Days of an edge rusher are over did u see Aldon Smith play this season. The day will never come in the NFL that a Lethal Pass Rusher that can bend the corner isnt a need
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-14-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Days of an edge rusher are over did u see Aldon Smith play this season. The day will never come in the NFL that a Lethal Pass Rusher that can bend the corner isnt a need
    Because it's totally going to work against RG3. Or Russel Wilson. Or any number of QBs we have to face. Edge rushing is a bonus skill these days; containing the pocket is way more important now or you're going to get run over. Look at how putrid our run defense was last year. Part of that is Blackburn not having the physical skills he needs to play the position (he's been using his football intelligence to offset it a lot, but that isn't enough anymore), but part of it was that we had an edge rusher, when we really needed containment.

Days of an edge rusher are over did u see Aldon Smith play this season.
    Days of the edge rusher are over? You can't be serious.

DT
    DE
    CB
    S
    ROT
    G
    MLB

MLB
    CB
    DE
    OL

Veteran
    1) CB
    2) G
    3) DE
    4) MLB
    5) DT

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Years to come? WTH. I thought that 2013 was Bass's last year of guarenteed money. Anyone have the contract details?
    Guaranteed money is spread throughout the duration of the contract

+ Reply to Thread