+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine if we had Bellichick as our Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Brady was out for the year in 2008 and they went 11-5 (but missed the playoffs)
    OMG this... Belicheck really is a good coach when you can say he went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel under center. Missing the playoffs at 11-5 is one of the biggest flukes ever. Turns out, Brady, while good, is not the end-all epic that the media makes him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    We are the good Samaritan's of the NFL. We just give all the teams our Coordinators that end up wining them championships.

We should give away Fewell and Gilbride too. I wouldn't mind that.
    My sentiments exactly!
    Unfortunately nobody is interested in either one.
    Pretty impressive, huh?

That's not at all how it happened.

Bill Parcells quit very late in the offseason (after BB & TC had already left -- for Cleveland and Boston College, respectively). He quit AFTER rookie mini camp in late May, leaving literally nobody to take his place and no time to bring in a new staff. Handley was just one of the few guys left and as much as he sucked he stepped up and took the job.

Bill Parcells screwed this team on his way out, never forget that.
    Neither will I!!!

Brady was out for the year in 2008 and they went 11-5 (but missed the playoffs)

As for BB's time in Cleveland, when they fired him they moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens and were a conference powerhouse in a few short years. They actually came very close to critical mass under Belichick. I think NFL Network did a look back on all the pieces that were there and how close a near miss it was.
    Yes, they did.
    And also the coaches that were on his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Cleveland.
    Yeah, because that franchise is known for its winning...

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    TC didnt have much HC experience back then if i recall correctly, it was after his stint on the Parcells staff that he took the Boston College gig, and went from there to Jacksonville (where he made a playoff contender out of a freaking expansion team with Mark freaking Brunell at QB)

But I have no idea why Young let Handley take over the organization.
    Must of been divine intervention!!! Realy, They waited too long to pull the trigger. But they also passed over Erhardt and Crennel as well.

We would be in the playoffs every year with him as our coach. And with Eli has his QB forget it. Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    We would be in the playoffs every year with him as our coach. And with Eli has his QB forget it. Dynasty.
    You know BB has one of, if not the best QB in NFL history.......Right?
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You know BB has one of, if not the best QB in NFL history.......Right?
    And he would have the same here in NY. Except someone who is much more clutch.

Pretty sure our current head coach beat BB twice on the NFL's biggest stage.

+ Reply to Thread