+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Imagine if we had Bellichick as our Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post
    Bill Belinchick is what he is because he coaches in a division where he is guaranteed six wins every season, and he has Tom Brady. Without those two factors he would have a very different win loss record.
    If that is the case, BB would be the king of one and done's in the post season. But he's been in what 5 SB's in the last 10 years? In this day in age, that's unbelievable. Best team of all time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Bugger off, MS.

And in this case, it's the truth. That catch was more a Manning Miracle than a Manningham Miracle.
    It was a perfectly thrown pass, that is what it was. Hard to think that Eli wasn't planning that route with the way he was checking Chung to cheat for a good while before that play even happened.

I am very happy with Eli and hope the 2011 version comes back next year. However, Tom Brady is maybe The Greatest QB in history of NFL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It was a nice throw. He did a good job keeping the throw on the sideline and not throwing it out of bounds. manningham had to slow down and use his body to not only catch the ball and keep his feet in bounds, but the maintain leverage against the defender. Slightly underthrown but still a good throw.
    Eli threw it as hard as he could. The throw was nice but the adjustment and catch was an all time great play.
    It was one of, if not THE greatest catch in Giants history.

You can see it any way you want to make yourself feel good and I'm all for your happiness.

And guess what...even if you disagree with me, you still probably know something about football.
    VDC, I think that this pass Eli Manning threw was perfect. The reason MM had to stretch his arms out was because he stutter stepped a little bit. It is a great catch but I also think it is a great throw.

Doogone it, I really want the 2011 version of Eli Manning back.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...akes-the-catch

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The pass to Manningham was waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tougher and more impressive than the catch. If you think otherwise you know nothing of football.
    i never mentioned "the catch".....which i agree was less than stellar....has nothing to do
    with the plays i was referring to.
    the plays i pointed out were one time 99% lucky plays that ain't never gonna happen again ....
    and impossible to coach against....and before you go cultist on me...i saw them too ....
    and they were both chuck-n-duck prayers....and we all know it.
    without those 2 miracles (MM and Tyree) ...we don't get those rings....period...
    and Belichick and Brady have a couple more.
    and neither play is a testament to Coughlin's coaching genius nor Belichick's lack of it.

"the catch" was just a decent ending to a great game winning drive....nothing lucky or special about it....
    and has nothing whatsoever to do with what i was talking about.
    Last edited by stormblue; 01-15-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    well...you probably only need to wait for 3 more weeks.

and besides....you can't out-coach an "immaculate reception" ...
    or a "helmet-catch"....or a "manningham miracle".
    But don't you know? If you ask many here, they would tell you that's how our coaches designed these plays! Coughlin told Killdrive to tell Eli to play Houdini and escape the rush and chuck it down the field where Tyree would wait with superglue on his helmet to make the catch.

Bill Belinchick is what he is because he coaches in a division where he is guaranteed six wins every season, and he has Tom Brady. Without those two factors he would have a very different win loss record.
    we play in a division where the division champ wouldn't even qualify for a wild card.
    and there are only 6 division games anyway....
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    i never mentioned "the catch".....which i agree was less than stellar....has nothing to do
    with the plays i was referring to.
    the plays i pointed out were one time 99% lucky plays that ain't never gonna happen again ....
    and impossible to coach against....and before you go cultist on me...i saw them too ....
    and they were both chuck-n-duck prayers....and we all know it.
    without those 2 miracles (MM and Tyree) ...we don't get those rings....period...
    and Belichick and Brady have a couple more.
    and neither play is a testament to Coughlin's coaching genius nor Belichick's lack of it.

"the catch" was just a decent ending to a great game winning drive....nothing lucky or special about it....
    and has nothing whatsoever to do with what i was talking about.
    There was nothing miraculous about the MM play. Nor was it a chuck and duck. It was a perfect pass into a very tight window. The play design made the safety on MMs side cheat a half step or two inside, which was all that was needed. That catch was also the start of that drive, not the ending of it.

The Tyree catch was a bit of luck. Eli didn't throw his best pass. Had it been a little lower or a little faster in getting there then Tyree wouldn't have had to catch it on his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think some of us old schoolers get how much the Giants meant to Belichick, and how much what you see today is a reflection of what he learned under the Giants organization.....his success is a positive reflection on the Giants, in my opinion.

He's one of the main reasons why Parcells was successful.....don't get me wrong, I loved Parcells, but with Belichick, he had a guy that pretty much could figure out a gameplan in the week prior to the game, and then another gameplan at halftime if needed.

Nobody made adjustments like Belichick.....maybe that's why I'm so rough on the coordinators we have, because we had a HOF staff with Parcells, Coughlin, and Belichick. Really sick when you think about it.
    absolutely

Parcells made Belichick........but in some very important aspects Belichick made Parcells

as for Landry and Lombardi

Landry was not about to turn down the Dallas job

and Lombardi actually tried to get out of his contract with Green Bay when he got wind that Jim Lee Howell was leaving but could not

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    and Lombardi actually tried to get out of his contract with Green Bay when he got wind that Jim Lee Howell was leaving but could not
    Damn, imagine what it would have been like had we had Lombardi as our HC all those years...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

One could say the same about Bill Walsh -- he was in the terribly weak NFC West and had Joe Montana.

That doesn't diminish how great he was.

Bill Belichick has gotten his team to FIVE Super Bowls and won three of them.

+ Reply to Thread