+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine if we had Bellichick as our Head Coach?

Veteran
    Bill Belinchick is what he is because he coaches in a division where he is guaranteed six wins every season, and he has Tom Brady. Without those two factors he would have a very different win loss record.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Watch the play. MM slowed down and still maintained leverage to make the catch. The throw could have been 2 or 3 yards further and he wouldn't have to break stride.
    I'm not complaining..it was a very good throw. But this notion that the pass was "perfect" (as if there is any such thing) is far from the truth.
    The catch however, was tremendous.
    not many bombs like that are totally caught in stride. of course it happens but more times than not it doesnt. The WR usually has to adjust on long passes. IMO..... the pass, catch, and the whole play were equally awsome.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

If Manningham kept running full speed he probably would have caught it in stride but would have gotten lit up by the safety. He did the right thing by slowing down and extending his arms for the catch. Perfect throw, Perfect catch.

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post
    Bill Belinchick is what he is because he coaches in a division where he is guaranteed six wins every season, and he has Tom Brady. Without those two factors he would have a very different win loss record.
    how many great coaches and teams dont have grat QBs....
    not a great arguement you present......
    nothing is gauranteed. If that were the case then all teams would be great....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The catch was nice. I'm not taking anything away from that. However, the pass was much more impressive than the catch.
    QB's throw those kind of passes all the time. Including Eli. He's thrown that same pass probably hundreds of times in his career. Deep sideline throw, to within a few yards of his target. But that catch was an all time great. A catch of a ball that travels 40 yards in the air with a defender draped on you, having to tip toe within an inch of the sidelines with your momentum going out of bounds is rare.

Again..I take nothing away from the throw. It was clutch. But the catch was memorable.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

If we had Bellichick, then all the posters here who complain about TC 'only' having 2 SBs and a great string of .500 or better seasons would be complaining about how Bellichick has gone 9yrs without a SB and that his teams always choke in the SB against the Patriots.

If you have such little understanding of the NFL to not appreciate how good we have had it with TC, you'd similarly denigrate Bellichick's accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
    We'd have a dynasty instead of two Super Bowls lodged amongst crap and mediocrity.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    QB's throw those kind of passes all the time. Including Eli. He's thrown that same pass probably hundreds of times in his career. Deep sideline throw, to within a few yards of his target. But that catch was an all time great. A catch of a ball that travels 40 yards in the air with a defender draped on you, having to tip toe within an inch of the sidelines with your momentum going out of bounds is rare.

Again..I take nothing away from the throw. It was clutch. But the catch was memorable.
    No, they don't. Not many QB's throw a ball 40+ yards in the air off one foot into arguably a 1 to 2 foot window.

Receivers making catches while being hit on the sidelines are much more routine than that pass.

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post
    Seriously????
    Give me what you're smoking cause I want to get stoned too!!
    Belichick is going to go down as the greatest coach in the history of the NFL!

In the last 26 years;
    - 5 SB championships (maybe 6 in 3 weeks)
    - 7 SB appearances (maybe 8 in 3 weeks)

Just over 3 years for every SB appearance.

I'll take that everyday of the week and twice on Sunday
    Last edited by thomasjmarino; 01-15-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No, they don't. Not many QB's throw a ball 40+ yards in the air off one foot into arguably a 1 to 2 foot window.

Receivers making catches while being hit on the sidelines are much more routine than that pass.
    Hahaha!!!!
    I love the twisted view of things.
    Its actually impressive. You're like a Terrier who won't let go of my pant leg.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread