+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the giants have played in 3 of the last 13 superbowls, winning 2 of them,,so basically one every 4 seasons, not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    We are the good Samaritan's of the NFL. We just give all the teams our Coordinators that end up wining them championships.

We should give away Fewell and Gilbride too. I wouldn't mind that.
    Kansas City and Jacksonville will win 9 Super Bowls between them.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Belichick has only had success as a head coach when he had Brady. Other than that his track record isn't great.

What Coughlin did with Jacksonville was pretty impressive though.
    Last edited by Giants5699; 01-14-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Belichick has only had success as a head coach when he had Brady. Other than that his track record isn't great.

What Coughlin did with Jacksonville was pretty impressive though.
    Only had success with brady? thats a foolish thing to say. The guy wins. period.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    George Young picked Handley over BB & TC. Go figure
    Parcells picked Handley as his successor and the organization bought it. When Parcells blindsided the Giants they had little choice
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Only had success with brady? thats a foolish thing to say. The guy wins. period.
    Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Or Lombardi?
    Or Landry?

It's not like we had them on our coaching staffs.
    Oh, wait a minute..............
    We wouldn't have beaten the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Landry had become ineffective when he was shoved out. Maybe in his heyday when there was money available to him.
    Wellington always watched out for the growth of his guys. He actually recommended Lombardi for the Green Bay job in 1959. Landry was picked for the expansion Dallas Cowboys in 1960.

Not sure what you mean by "ineffective", since the team was in the championship game in 56, 58, and 59. Maybe you mean when he was fired from Dallas in 1989.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 01-14-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    George Young picked Handley over BB & TC. Go figure
    That's not at all how it happened.

Bill Parcells quit very late in the offseason (after BB & TC had already left -- for Cleveland and Boston College, respectively). He quit AFTER rookie mini camp in late May, leaving literally nobody to take his place and no time to bring in a new staff. Handley was just one of the few guys left and as much as he sucked he stepped up and took the job.

Bill Parcells screwed this team on his way out, never forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Brady was out for the year in 2008 and they went 11-5 (but missed the playoffs)

As for BB's time in Cleveland, when they fired him they moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens and were a conference powerhouse in a few short years. They actually came very close to critical mass under Belichick. I think NFL Network did a look back on all the pieces that were there and how close a near miss it was.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 01-14-2013 at 07:36 AM.