+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    And he would have the same here in NY. Except someone who is much more clutch.
    I"m sorry...this is where you guys lose your credibility. Tom Brady may be the greatest QB of all time. Eli is a nice player but hardly in that category.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Coughlin has earned the right to coach until he decides it is time to step down.

With the Giants out, I'm totally pulling for Belichick....

Check out 18:20 to 23:00.....this guy will ALWAYS be a NY Giant in his heart.

“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Coughlin has earned the right to coach until he decides it is time to step down.

I'm rooting for NE as well.
    BB is a true Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm rooting for NE as well.
    BB is a true Giant.
    I think some of us old schoolers get how much the Giants meant to Belichick, and how much what you see today is a reflection of what he learned under the Giants organization.....his success is a positive reflection on the Giants, in my opinion.

He's one of the main reasons why Parcells was successful.....don't get me wrong, I loved Parcells, but with Belichick, he had a guy that pretty much could figure out a gameplan in the week prior to the game, and then another gameplan at halftime if needed.

Nobody made adjustments like Belichick.....maybe that's why I'm so rough on the coordinators we have, because we had a HOF staff with Parcells, Coughlin, and Belichick. Really sick when you think about it.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Parcells picked Handley as his successor and the organization bought it. When Parcells blindsided the Giants they had little choice
    George Young and Parcells didn't get along.....Young had no interest in Parcells' guys (Belichick, Coughlin) either.

I'll grant that Parcells didn't help the process in quitting so late after the 1990 season....but he had heart troubles, so it's not like he had alot of control over that situation.

As far as George Young and Belichick are concerned......Belichick was NEVER going to be picked by George Young, even though it should have been insanely obvious that Belichick was the right successor - he was a) Brilliant, b) intensely loyal c) dedicated d) young.

I'll give credit to George Young for hiring Parcells......but not much beyond that. He'll always be the GM that built and then took apart a potential dynasty.

Thank God for Ernie Accorsi, that's all I'll say. And as much as I criticize Reese, he's a tremendous GM and head and shoulders above George Young.

Some interesting links on this topic...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.345698

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...8788/index.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...1&sportCat=nfl
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-14-2013 at 02:15 PM.

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post

My ultimate dream would be once TC retires in glory, and when Brady hangs em up in New England, Belichick will come back home as our head coach.

That would be too awesome.

You know BB has one of, if not the best QB in NFL history.......Right?
    And he would have the same here in NY. Except someone who is much more clutch.
    Gotta love the 2012'er posts.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    My ultimate dream would be once TC retires in glory, and when Brady hangs em up in New England, Belichick will come back home as our head coach.

That would be too awesome.
    I think Belichick will retire by then

I"m sorry...this is where you guys lose your credibility. Tom Brady may be the greatest QB of all time. Eli is a nice player but hardly in that category.
    0 rings after spygate.

Enough said.

0 rings after spygate.

Enough said.
    Like arguing with a post.