+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    I've said in other threads before, if situations coincide with each other, Belichick could very well wind up finishing his career with the Giants.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I"m sorry...this is where you guys lose your credibility. Tom Brady may be the greatest QB of all time. Eli is a nice player but hardly in that category.
    There are maybe 2 other QBs in that category with Tom Brady and they are Joe Montana and Bart Starr.

Eli Manning is a great clutch post season QB and I am quite happy he is our QB. He is going to be a 1st ballot HoFer based on his SuperBowl runs and consecutives games streak alone. However, Tom Brady is in my opinion, The Greatest QB of all time. This is not a knock on Eli Manning. I am just calling it how it is.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-14-2013 at 03:15 PM.

8:47: "That's about the only thing i can cheer for in Philadelphia, is The National Anthem."

Gotta love it.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Yeah, because that franchise is known for its winning...
    Look what Coughlin did to the expansion Jaguars.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Or Lombardi?
    Or Landry?

It's not like we had them on our coaching staffs.
    Oh, wait a minute..............
    Hold on the Giants are 3 wins vs 1 loss in the last 4 meetings oh how quickly we forget.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    There are maybe 2 other QBs in that category with Tom Brady and they are Joe Montana and Bart Starr.

Eli Manning is a great clutch post season QB and I am quite happy he is our QB. He is going to be a 1st ballot HoFer based on his SuperBowl runs and consecutives games streak alone. However, Tom Brady is in my opinion, The Greatest QB of all time. This is not a knock on Eli Manning. I am just calling it how it is.
    Tom Brady the GOAT? I won't argue, you are entitled to your opinion.

I would take Eli over him in big games though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Yeah, because that franchise is known for its winning...
    There was a time when they were. 4 AAFC championships and 4 NFL championships. Jim Brown era.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think some of us old schoolers get how much the Giants meant to Belichick, and how much what you see today is a reflection of what he learned under the Giants organization.....his success is a positive reflection on the Giants, in my opinion.
    He still shows his linebackers film of the Giants linebacking corps. It kind of ticks them off, but he told them "that's how you play linebacker."

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    0 rings after spygate.

Enough said.
    Come on, dude.....that sounds like something a Jets fan would say.

Bill Belichick has always been a tremendous coach. The only reason he's missing 2 more rings is because our coach kicks ***, too.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Come on, dude.....that sounds like something a Jets fan would say.

Bill Belichick has always been a tremendous coach. The only reason he's missing 2 more rings is because our coach kicks ***, too.
    cant pretend that it didnt happen,,and cant ignore the fact that he hasnt won since then,,coincedence? maye/maybe not. I found it more alarming that the NFL just went ahead and destroyed the tapes.