+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine if we had Bellichick as our Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    There are maybe 2 other QBs in that category with Tom Brady and they are Joe Montana and Bart Starr.

Eli Manning is a great clutch post season QB and I am quite happy he is our QB. He is going to be a 1st ballot HoFer based on his SuperBowl runs and consecutives games streak alone. However, Tom Brady is in my opinion, The Greatest QB of all time. This is not a knock on Eli Manning. I am just calling it how it is.
    I agree that Brady is going to be considered with the all-time greats.

Your comments on Eli are also well-made. Bottom line is that Eli has won 2 Super Bowls......I can think of a ton of QBs that can throw a prettier spiral, or can move around in the pocket better, or have a more accurate arm, etc., etc.

But I can think of very few QBs that function as smoothly as Eli Manning when trailing in a huge game. Any coach in the NFL would jump at the chance to have that sort of clutch play in a QB.

We know Brady has the same quality......we don't know if Kapernick, Ryan, or Flacco do.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    We would be in the playoffs every year with him as our coach. And with Eli has his QB forget it. Dynasty.
    Absolutely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    My ultimate dream would be once TC retires in glory, and when Brady hangs em up in New England, Belichick will come back home as our head coach.

That would be too awesome.
    With Eli still here and Brady gone, anything is possible.
    Like the man says, "this can be all yours if the price is right"
    Note to Mr. Mara - meet with Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    Hold on the Giants are 3 wins vs 1 loss in the last 4 meetings oh how quickly we forget.
    And how many times has BB made the playoffs?
    And how many times has BB made the SB?
    And how many times has BB won the SB?
    Really?????

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I"m sorry...this is where you guys lose your credibility. Tom Brady may be the greatest QB of all time. Eli is a nice player but hardly in that category.
    When he lost his qb he still went 11-5. BB in my opinion is the best coach to ever play the game. add the best qb and that = a dynasty. thats what they are right now. I do think rodgers might be better though.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree that Brady is going to be considered with the all-time greats.

Your comments on Eli are also well-made. Bottom line is that Eli has won 2 Super Bowls......I can think of a ton of QBs that can throw a prettier spiral, or can move around in the pocket better, or have a more accurate arm, etc., etc.

But I can think of very few QBs that function as smoothly as Eli Manning when trailing in a huge game. Any coach in the NFL would jump at the chance to have that sort of clutch play in a QB.

We know Brady has the same quality......we don't know if Kapernick, Ryan, or Flacco do.
    ryan and flacco has showed that ability
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    ryan and flacco has showed that ability
    Not in a championship game.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    belichik has always been a defensive genius. the fact that his defensive game plan from the giants-bills superbowl is in the pro football hall of fame just proves that. that bills offense was one of the best offenses in nfl history and his gameplan helped slow that offense down dramatically.

Until he wins another superbowl after spygate Belichick will always be questioned in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Until he wins another superbowl after spygate Belichick will always be questioned in my eyes.
    well...you probably only need to wait for 3 more weeks.

and besides....you can't out-coach an "immaculate reception" ...
    or a "helmet-catch"....or a "manningham miracle".
    Last edited by stormblue; 01-15-2013 at 01:15 AM.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

+ Reply to Thread