+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Eli's Replacement.

This thread isn't suggesting we need to replace Eli right now because I know we don't. I'm just wondering, whenever we do replace Eli, what kind of QB will it be? After seeing what Collin Kaepernick did last night and what Russell Wilson did today, and what Robert Griffin III did all year, I think the Giants should seriously look at getting a mobile QB. There game changers. Thoughts?

I want a durable, clutch quarterback.

it may not be a choice in the next few years. It may be the what is best available. Even Luck runs and has quite a few rushing TDs.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

So many variables... yes that seems to be the wave of the future but I'm not sure if our future coach will have the Coughlin philosophy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    I want a durable, clutch quarterback.
    And you don't get that with a mobile quarterback. I don't mind a QB who isn't shy of running it but does so only when all things fail, meaning receivers aren't open.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    And you don't get that with a mobile quarterback. I don't mind a QB who isn't shy of running it but does so only when all things fail, meaning receivers aren't open.
    Pretty much. I don't want a Michael Vick who barely plays all 16 games.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    I would like a qb who knows when it is best to stay in the pocket, yet will run when he thinks it is safe to pick up a few yeards. Such a qb could be difficult to find.

Bench Player
    I agree, I think we should get a QB that isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and throw one down field, but can run if necessary. Or you know, I could take over.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    it may not be a choice in the next few years. It may be the what is best available. Even Luck runs and has quite a few rushing TDs.....
    Yes. Too me, I'd rather have a Luck/Wilson type rather than a Kaepernick/ Griffin type. Less prone to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    I would like a qb who knows when it is best to stay in the pocket, yet will run when he thinks it is safe to pick up a few yeards. Such a qb could be difficult to find.
    I want an All Pro QB who wins every game.