+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havent done one of these in a while

Veteran

Havent done one of these in a while

Was in a bit of a slump fellas due to the giants season ending the way it did, but Got engaged and shes paying for the whole wedding. I'm back in good spirits!!!

Mock dream 1.1

Round 1 - Barkevious Mingo - This kid uses an arsenal of moves to get to the QB and plays good against the run. Has great closing speed and a good motor. He can play in our nascar package as LSU moves his around the line in various spots. If there is some knee jerks on the QB position this year as i am predicting he could be there at 19?!?

Round 2 - Kevin Minter - Animal! with good instincts, and contrary to popular belief on these boards the kid is a good tackler. Extremely athletic tackling machine, does look a little lost in coverage but can be coached.

Round 3 - Bacarri Rambo - Off the field concerns have dropped him this low, the kid is honestly a late 1st - mid second round grade guy. It would be a steal to get him here in the 3rd round. Physical player with good instinct and a little ball hawk in him. With KP injury history, Antrell cap hits, and uncertainty with if brown can consistently put up those numbers it would be wise to draft him, I think were all done with the sash project right?

Round 4 - Sanders Commings - Big corner with good closing speed. not a play maker by any means but get on his guys and plays physical which is what we need! Cover corner that's mediocre in zone.

Round 5 - Seantrel Henderson - RT tackle project, good run blocker can be better in pass protection.

Round 6 - Sam Schwartzstein - I have 0, NIL, ZERO faith in Baas. And I believe this kid is a sleeper he has opened up some running lanes for stanford. is versatile enough to play some guard as well.

Round 7 - Tyrann Mathieu - yeah yeah whatever! lol the kid has raw talent and ability that cannot be coached. special teams guy if anything slot corner if he hones his craft and stays focused. Not sure how the dynamic of two head cases in one draft might work out but we have enough veteran leadership to right the course minus tuck.

Edit- Thinking about swapping out Bacarii Rambo for Will Sutton ( pass rushing DT) / Jesse Williams ( run stuffing DT) / Desmond Trufant
    Last edited by rainierjef; 01-14-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Okay....
    Lets spice up this lively debate a bit.

With what i have seen the Only Pass rusher I believe is worth taking at 19 Is Mingo.
    thing that scares me about Ansah Is he is just as raw coming out as JPP and thats great and all, but as we saw this year JPP struggled to take his game to the next level once guys started double teaming him or chip blocking him, now he has to build his pass rushing repertoire to beat those type of blocking schemes.
    Okafor has allowed some huge runs on his side he gets stuck on some man-up blocks, instead of shedding allowing quicker RB's to run around him, his short yard/area quickness is undesireable; slow first step but uses his hands well to force guys back.
    Montgomery, the more and more I look at him the less impressed I am given the hype surrounding him. He is infact a talented player but doesn't put it all together at times to be the dominant player he can be on a consistent basis, will be a first round pick but at 19 meh... reeaching a little.

If we canont get Mingo in the first which is a tall order at the 19th selection, then I hope we get a DT like Jonathan Jenkins / Kawaan Short in that order then getting someone like Margus Hunt raw yes, but a mammoth guy that is deceptively quick or Carradine the only thing that worries me with him is that acl injury and the extent of it.

Thoughts?

@Katdaddyjay 17h

bacarri rambo...could you imagine all of the camouflage headbands and Stallone references? that in itself would be fun.

Congrats on the engagement..

Mingo scares me a little, dont know how well he'll fit in a 4-3.. I'd rather Okafor

nice write up

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Congrats on the engagement..

Mingo scares me a little, dont know how well he'll fit in a 4-3.. I'd rather Okafor

nice write up
    I like Okafor as well, I just worry how much of that terrible run defense the long horns had falls on him, the limited tape I did see on him reminds me of a Osi in his prime. I mean he is not horrid against the run but for the reason I stated he gets trapped easily and RB's run around that all day. Interested in your thoughts about Mingo what else scares you about him?

And thanks man, shes likes football but has no true allegiance, for some reason she hates the cowboys. BINGO!!!

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    bacarri rambo...could you imagine all of the camouflage headbands and Stallone references? that in itself would be fun.
    Bring back the all in towels as headbands!

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I like Okafor as well, I just worry how much of that terrible run defense the long horns had falls on him, the limited tape I did see on him reminds me of a Osi in his prime. I mean he is not horrid against the run but for the reason I stated he gets trapped easily and RB's run around that all day. Interested in your thoughts about Mingo what else scares you about him?

And thanks man, shes likes football but has no true allegiance, for some reason she hates the cowboys. BINGO!!!
    maybe scared is the wrong word, Mingo is a crazy talent.. I just think there are better fits for a 4-3 D (a true DE)..

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Was in a bit of a slump fellas due to the giants season ending the way it did, but Got engaged and shes paying for the whole wedding. I'm back in good spirits!!!

Mock dream 1.1

Round 1 - Barkevious Mingo - This kid uses an arsenal of moves to get to the QB and plays good against the run. Has great closing speed and a good motor. He can play in our nascar package as LSU moves his around the line in various spots. If there is some knee jerks on the QB position this year as i am predicting he could be there at 19?!?

Round 2 - Kevin Minter - Animal! with good instincts, and contrary to popular belief on these boards the kid is a good tackler. Extremely athletic tackling machine, does look a little lost in coverage but can be coached.

Round 3 - Bacarri Rambo - Off the field concerns have dropped him this low, the kid is honestly a late 1st - mid second round grade guy. It would be a steal to get him here in the 3rd round. Physical player with good instinct and a little ball hawk in him. With KP injury history, Antrell cap hits, and uncertainty with if brown can consistently put up those numbers it would be wise to draft him, I think were all done with the sash project right?

Round 4 - Sanders Commings - Big corner with good closing speed. not a play maker by any means but get on his guys and plays physical which is what we need! Cover corner that's mediocre in zone.

Round 5 - Seantrel Henderson - RT tackle project, good run blocker can be better in pass protection.

Round 6 - Sam Schwartzstein - I have 0, NIL, ZERO faith in Baas. And I believe this kid is a sleeper he has opened up some running lanes for stanford. is versatile enough to play some guard as well.

Round 7 - Tyrann Mathieu - yeah yeah whatever! lol the kid has raw talent and ability that cannot be coached. special teams guy if anything slot corner if he hones his craft and stays focused. Not sure how the dynamic of two head cases in one draft might work out but we have enough veteran leadership to right the course minus tuck.

Edit- Thinking about swapping out Bacarii Rambo for Will Sutton ( pass rushing DT) / Jesse Williams ( run stuffing DT) / Desmond Trufant
    I don't like Mingo in the first. First of all, he'll most likely be gone by the time we pick. Secondly, he's a 3-4 OLB.

I don't like Kevin Minter in any round. Two down LB who can't cover.

I like the Rambo pick in the 3rd. Reese likes his one project pick a season and this guy falls perfectly in line with that philosophy (the off-field issue being a positive drug test for pot ... not what the Giants normally will shy away from under Reese).

I like Mathieu on the back end but I have a feeling someone will take a chance on the undersized play maker before the 7th (I'm thinking 5th(ish)).

Minter covers fine for a MLB.. Hes not Alec Ogletree in that area, but he certainly can cover a zone and is fast enough to run with some TE's.. Hes a beast run tackler, who is very strong and gets behind the line, as his 15plus TFL and 4sacks can atest 2.. U need to be strong and fast to make that many plays behind the line from MLB spot, and he also had 5Passes defensed and a INT as well... He knows what hes doing in coverege, and i have no idea why some think hes so bad in that area of his game?

Hey Jeff...what do you think of Jamie Collins DE/LB from Southern Miss? He offers what you are looking for out of Mingo in the 1st round but he has prior experience as a DB in his freshman year before he beefed up and started to rush the passer/play on the line. Mingo is probably the better player as of now due to his instincts but Collins could be a steal in the 3rd/4th with proper coaching. I could see this kid being a SOLB for us that has superior coverage skills AND pure pass rushing ability vs the Kiwi experiment we tried.

+ Reply to Thread