+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New York Giants Keep Or Dump: Ahmad Bradshaw

Veteran
    sucks because he's got heart and can fire things up; however, because his feet will NOT get better which will lead to reduced playing time what would that offer us in the event one of the other backs went down? Would he be able to start and run 20/ 30 times a game? What does he offering us? Time to cut the cord.

Dump.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't think Reese has a lot to say about who plays week in and week out other than discussing the injiury list with TC and Mara. That's why we have and a Head Coach and a GM instead of one who does both.
    I agree. My point is that Gilbride leaned far too much on Bradshaw again.

In a perfect world, Bradshaw stays a Giant, but has a dramatically reduced workload, so he can stay healthy and be able to contribute when needed.

But if Gilbride is going to run him into the ground again, forget it.....best for Reese to find another running back.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by gfd_2 View Post
    sucks because he's got heart and can fire things up; however, because his feet will NOT get better which will lead to reduced playing time what would that offer us in the event one of the other backs went down? Would he be able to start and run 20/ 30 times a game? What does he offering us? Time to cut the cord.
    if he doesnt get 30 carries a game, and is used as a 3rd down back/rotation back behind Wilson, and even Brown maybe, Bradshaw could def. give us quality starts if need be. he gave us, what, 5-6 quality starts this year? i think that should be what we expect to get out of him next year, a meaningful impact on half a dozen games or so and being a spell back/3rd down back

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I can see both sides of this argument. Personally, I don't think he can carry the load as he has. His feet aren't going to get better but he could play a key reduced role. In order for that to happen, it's very likely Reese will ask for a pay cut. Is he willing to take the pay cut? Could he ask to be released hoping to have a more prominent role elsewhere?
    I think if he goes back to the role he had in 2007 he would be effective. Coming in as a change of pace RB would benefit him and the team, plus I think Wilson can handle a share load.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree. My point is that Gilbride leaned far too much on Bradshaw again.

In a perfect world, Bradshaw stays a Giant, but has a dramatically reduced workload, so he can stay healthy and be able to contribute when needed.

But if Gilbride is going to run him into the ground again, forget it.....best for Reese to find another running back.
    I know this isn't popular, but Wilson wasn't ready to carry the load. Brown did a very good job until he broke his leg. Many point to the game where Bradshaw had a knee brace on to exclaim he sucked in pass protection. But for the entire season to that point he was ranked # 1 RB in the NFL in pass protection. Wilson clearly was not a replacement for Bradshaw in that regard in 2012. He's taken more snaps and, with Brown, I see them as the future tandem we need to be successful in the running game.

I love Bradshaw's passion and think he has a role here as the third RB but not for the salary he's scheduled to make in 2013. His feet just can't withstand the rigors of a feature back.

We have decent depth at RB with Scott and Lumpkin so I hope we focus on the Oline in the draft and even FA for a short term solution.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I say we keep him. Considering we used a first round pick on RB this year, Wilson will most likely be the starting RB. But we still need a reliable good #2 RB who can still carry they bal 10-12 times a game and play on 3rd downs. Bradshaw could still be an extremely valuable player. 'm not sold on Brown. In 3+ NFL seasons he has had 2 good games.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    How bad is his foot injury? Can he come back healthy next season? The guy still had over 1000 yards while playing hurt and missing some games.
    He has had issues with his feet and ankles since playing at Marshall. When you can't practice with the team more than one day a week, you become a liability. Wilson and Brown should be able to provide a tandem we can work with. Bradshaw could factor in as the 3rd back if he's willing to take a significant pay cut. Otherwise we have Scott, Torain, and Lumpkin to compete.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-15-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

As long as that pricetag stays the way it is , their is no way he stays. Their is a ton of free agent RB's as well

need a big back to go with Wilson.. Hillis anyone..?

+ Reply to Thread