+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New York Giants Keep Or Dump: Ahmad Bradshaw

Absolutely keep. $3.75M is not a lot for a RB with 1,000 yards. Not AB's fault that the coaches didn't use Brown more, and rest AB, while Brown was still healthy.

And besides that he's good at protecting Eli, he's also got a set of cajones and a lot of drive -- which is what this team really seems to lack. The guy's a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Absolutely keep. $3.75M is not a lot for a RB with 1,000 yards. Not AB's fault that the coaches didn't use Brown more, and rest AB, while Brown was still healthy.And besides that he's good at protecting Eli, he's also got a set of cajones and a lot of drive -- which is what this team really seems to lack. The guy's a gamer.
    Agreed but his cap hit is $6.25 mil - it puts a slightly different perspective on it
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I know this isn't popular, but Wilson wasn't ready to carry the load. Brown did a very good job until he broke his leg. Many point to the game where Bradshaw had a knee brace on to exclaim he sucked in pass protection. But for the entire season to that point he was ranked # 1 RB in the NFL in pass protection. Wilson clearly was not a replacement for Bradshaw in that regard in 2012. He's taken more snaps and, with Brown, I see them as the future tandem we need to be successful in the running game.

I love Bradshaw's passion and think he has a role here as the third RB but not for the salary he's scheduled to make in 2013. His feet just can't withstand the rigors of a feature back.

We have decent depth at RB with Scott and Lumpkin so I hope we focus on the Oline in the draft and even FA for a short term solution.
    I understand some people aren't going to agree on how much playing time Wilson received in 2012.

Myself, I completely understand how people felt Wilson was a liability in the passing game due to his inexperience in pass protection. My response to that breaks down like this:

1) I'd rather play a healthy RB (Wilson) than an injured one (Bradshaw)

2) It's up to the OC to scheme to player's strengths and minimize exposure to their weaknesses; I fault Gilbride for failing to do that more often with Wilson. For example, as one poster pointed out a while back, in passing situations, Wilson could have have been motioned out to flanker, forcing a would-be blitzer into covering him. Instead, Gilbride showed no adjustments post-Bradshaw, and the defense was granted a situational advantage.

3) Wilson was often the most dynamic player on the field (e.g., Saints game).

4) Some of the best backs in the NFL are not very strong pass-blockers......Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice, and Chris Johnson, for example. The argument that a running back must excel as a pass blocker is more a product of Gilbride's system than an NFL maxim.....and as noted in #2, that could and should have been adjusted based on the cold hard facts: our best pass-protecting runningback was not ready to go.

I realize this ground has been covered before, and again, I respect the opinion of those that might disagree with me.

As for Bradshaw, I'd love to see him as a Giant in 2013, but not with his current price tag, and not as the annointed #1 runningback. If he can stay healthy and win the job back in a fair preseason competition, that's one thing.

But in 2012, Bradshaw was injured, barely practiced, and Gilbride refused to adjust his gameplan.....I really hope that is something the Reese, Coughlin, and his staff evaluate in the offseason....I'm sure they will.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-15-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

We have to stop keeping players beyond their prime. Bradshaw is worn down by injury, plus he is no good as a receiver out of the backfield, and too often doesn't follow his blocking. Throw in his salary and it's a no brainer.

They should move Kiwi back to DE and let Tuck and Osi go as well. JPP, Kiwi, and that kid Ojomo would make a good DE rotation.

Diehl, Webster, Philips, should be history as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Eddie Lacy
    Yes...Yes and YES!

+ Reply to Thread