+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He won't be the only vet to be off the team.
    A lot of guys are going to face either being cut straight out, or take a pay cut or be cut.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tuck, Webby, DD, Baas, Boley, etc.... are part of at least one of those groups.
    The hardest one for TC will be Diehl I'd imagine
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by wuzpapn View Post
    AB and Nicks killed us this year with this whole practicing one day a week thing, and then planning to execute on Sundays.

If Andre Brown comes back healthy in time for the next season, I say stick with him and Wilson. Bradshaw is ailing on us, and don't like the way he holds up.
    I blame the coaching staff more than AB or Nicks for that situation.

Next year, some positions - including RB - need to be wide open to competition. Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson should all be given a fair chance to be the main guy. And if Bradshaw is once again riding around on a rascal, instead of practicing, then he doesn't deserve to annointed the starter.

I think the same process should be applied on defense.....Tuck has been great for us in the past, but this season was a massive letdown.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'd love it if the salary cap numbers could be worked out so they can keep him.

However, I think Killdrive has a Bradshaw obsession that hurt the running game this year.

I could go either way on this.
    How much pull do Gilbride or Fewell have in player retention?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    no one was questioning the fact that a year ago (when we had the worst running game in the NFL, not entirely because of RB, still......) we were paying our starting RBs $10 mill in total.now we're looking at Bradshaw's $3.75 mill and wondering if that's too much.i don't see this decision as too intriguing. we know exactly what we have in bradshaw, and if we can lower his touches, we can probably extend his career and improve his effectiveness.we have much bigger fish to fry than Bradshaw's $3.75 a year.
    I don't think the discussion is really happening if its just the $3.75 - his cap hit is over $6mil for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They have as much say in that as Reese has in who gets to start and play on a weekly basis.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Please tell me not much.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    They have as much say in that as Reese has in who gets to start and play on a weekly basis.
    I don't think Reese has a lot to say about who plays week in and week out other than discussing the injiury list with TC and Mara. That's why we have and a Head Coach and a GM instead of one who does both.

# 80

Veteran
    I don't see how Bradshaw is not on the team next year. You mean to tell me Coughlin will cut loose Bradshaw and go with Wilson, Brown, Scott, whoever... Brown can't stay on the field and has only played a few games to judge him on anyway, and Scott who? What has Scott done. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by berya View Post
    I don't see how Bradshaw is not on the team next year. You mean to tell me Coughlin will cut loose Bradshaw and go with Wilson, Brown, Scott, whoever... Brown can't stay on the field and has only played a few games to judge him on anyway, and Scott who? What has Scott done. Nothing.
    He may be on the team but not likely as the feature back but in a reduced role with a reduced salary package

# 80

How bad is his foot injury? Can he come back healthy next season? The guy still had over 1000 yards while playing hurt and missing some games.