+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ESPN is actually comparig Tom Brady to Joe Montana....

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    No he is not.

Tom Brady is a better QB than Joe Montana ever was.
    No because Tom Brady went to Michigan and Montana went to Notre Dame. We know Notre Dame is better. However, Joe Montana wearing Skechers does hurt his credibility.

But, for real. Joe was good in his era and Brady is good in his. The era's are different, the players nowadays are smarter, bigger and faster. But, then again in Montana's era they hit harder and were able to smash the quarterback. To survive and play in any of the eras...including the old fart era...still took/takes skill. Comparing era's and players is definitely a pointless pursuit. That is my middle of the road view.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    No because Tom Brady went to Michigan and Montana went to Notre Dame. We know Notre Dame is better. However, Joe Montana wearing Skechers does hurt his credibility.

But, for real. Joe was good in his era and Brady is good in his. The era's are different, the players nowadays are smarter, bigger and faster. But, then again in Montana's era they hit harder and were able to smash the quarterback. To survive and play in any of the eras...including the old fart era...still took/takes skill. Comparing era's and players is definitely a pointless pursuit. That is my middle of the road view.
    I agree that the “era” argument makes no sense. It is ridiculous when folks harp on it because in the 80s, the old timers were claiming that they hit so much harder in the 70s and in the 70s the old timers were claiming they hist so much harder in the 60s, etc.......etc..............

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Joe Montana > Brady.
    I agree, and I almost feel at this point that I don't need to argue it--more SB wins and more MVP's--it just is.

Brady wins a 4th SB and it has to be a discussion at least.
    This space for rent

Brady is certainly the best quarterback of his generation; it's hard to come up with an argument to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Brady is certainly the best quarterback of his generation; it's hard to come up with an argument to say otherwise.
    Except for my main man Aaron Rodgaaaahhhhs!
    Last edited by Rusty192; 01-29-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: sarcasm

brady has earned that honor and has done with much less over the years.

There's nothing laughable at all. You can compare Brady with the other top 5 QB's in the history of the league. He's a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    There's nothing laughable at all. You can compare Brady with the other top 5 QB's in the history of the league. He's a legend.
    and we beat him twice in the super bowl,,one of the victories spoiling a perfect season,,cue the dr.evil laugh.

And Tom Brady did not look too good tonight........

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    brady has earned that honor and has done with much less over the years.
    This is the odd thing, Brady found more success with a stripped back offense.
    The team is unbalanced. Brady doesn't need every weapon under the sun, he needs a defense so the pressure isn't all on him. Brees is in this same position (46 touchdowns yet only a 7-9 record?) and Rodgers is, too.

+ Reply to Thread