+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    really... they folded what the last 4 years when the competition heats up.
    They lost 2 very close SuperBowls over the last 5 years, hardly folding. They got blown out by Baltimore Ravens in playoffs a few years ago and beside that, there is not much anyone can really say about Tom Brady. The guy has had maybe 5 bad games in the last 5 years. Heck, Eli had more than 5 bad games this past season alone.

Tom Brady in my opinion, is The Greatest QB of all time. Joe Montana and Bart Starr are the only other 2 that I think should even be in the conversation. Granted, Terry Bradshaw was 4-0 in SuperBowls but he wasn't the QB that Tom Brady is. Peyton Manning is awesome in the regular season but the postseason is what separates he and Tom.

I think the entire SpyGate hoopla is way overblown. The very fact that NE Patriots went 16-0 during 2007 regular season and have been back to SuperBowl 2 times since SpyGate, proves it didn't really help them that much.

I think Tom Brady will play for 4-5 more years and probably win another SuperBowl or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    They lost 2 very close SuperBowls over the last 5 years, hardly folding. They got blown out by Baltimore Ravens in playoffs a few years ago and beside that, there is not much anyone can really say about Tom Brady. The guy has had maybe 5 bad games in the last 5 years. Heck, Eli had more than 5 bad games this past season alone.

Tom Brady in my opinion, is The Greatest QB of all time. Joe Montana and Bart Starr are the only other 2 that I think should even be in the conversation. Granted, Terry Bradshaw was 4-0 in SuperBowls but he wasn't the QB that Tom Brady is. Peyton Manning is awesome in the regular season but the postseason is what separates he and Tom.

I think the entire SpyGate hoopla is way overblown. The very fact that NE Patriots went 16-0 during 2007 regular season and have been back to SuperBowl 2 times since SpyGate, proves it didn't really help them that much.

I think Tom Brady will play for 4-5 more years and probably win another SuperBowl or 2.
    Bart Starr, are you kidding? Top 10 maybe but definitely not in the Top 5.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Bart Starr, are you kidding? Top 10 maybe but definitely not in the Top 5.
    You have to be kidding if you don’t rate Bart Starr up there near the top. The guy won 5 NFL Championships and is the second highest post season passer ever. The guy was a pure winner.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-18-2013 at 02:30 PM.

You have to be kidding if you don’t rate Bart Starr up there near the top. The guy won 5 NFL Championships and is the second highest post season passer ever. The guy was a pure winner.
    He played on a team with a dominant running team with a great defense. Go check the stats and get back to me. Unitas, Brady, Montana, Elway, Manning, Marino just to name 6.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    He played on a team with a dominant running team with a great defense. Go check the stats and get back to me. Unitas, Brady, Montana, Elway, Manning, Marino just to name 6.
    I know the statistics.

Bart Starr had ice water in his veins in the post season and he led his team to more NFL Championships than any other QB.

Veteran
    I know the statistics. Bart Starr had ice water in his veins in the post season and he led his team to more NFL Championships than any other QB.
    championships that were 50 times easier to win than SBs. You really gonna say the packers have 13 Super Bowls? They count but they're more a quarter of a Sb.

Veteran
    I love how people use (Brady plays in bad division) argument. And Montana didn't? He played the saints and cards. At least the jets and dolphins were sometimes good. Montana's division was never good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    championships that were 50 times easier to win than SBs. You really gonna say the packers have 13 Super Bowls? They count but they're more a quarter of a Sb.
    They were still the top Championship at the time. Some would argue they are easier to win now.

hard to argue the comparison,,,as much as i hate brady he is the teets.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Really, 50 times easier? You didn't have 1/3 of the league making the playoffs back then, and no neutral site warm weather carpeted dome BS. Just two teams even qualified -- and an extra round in the late 60s as they moved towards the Super Bowl.

In today's championships you've got more rounds to survive but you also have a much greater chance of getting into the tournament and the championship itself is played in air conditioned comfort not in the harsh cold elements with a frozen field.

Are you a Yankee fan by some chance? You know it was the same way in baseball (one team in each league won the Pennant and they played in the WS, there was no LCS) until 1969, right? So all those World Series before 1977 only count for a quarter of a World Series, right?
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 01-19-2013 at 11:47 AM.