+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Davis CB Utah St.

Will Davis CB Utah St.

Talk about flying under the radar.. This guy might be a top 3-4 CB In this yrs draft, and has flown up draft boards in a class that is extrmely deep at many positons due to so many underclassmen declaring.. Hes got good enough size at 6ft 188lbs, and has insane ball skills, and actually picked a pass of in 5straight games for the aggies, and he had 17Passes Defended, plus he supports the run... This kids the complete package, and u rarley here anything about em..

Another kid like that is the boise st CB Jamar Taylor Boise St.. Hes not on same level of Will Davis, but hes certainly a intriguing kid who supports the run, really pops guys, and has solid speed/size combonation, and grabbed himself 4picks with 9passes defended...

Ive been sitting on a Will Davis video I cut for over a month vs Utah because I was going to make it a 2 game video . We have a few up

Taylor I almost cut yesterday but I felt like looking at MLB's so I was watching Bruce Taylor from VA Tech

good stuff redeye.. I like this kid! It would of been hard to find the Will Davis video's, cause i wouldene't know what page there on? U haven't put em on one page where u can pick what ones off the page like last yr yet, have you?

Really nice coverage skills. Seems to play more zone than man-press, but also seems to do man-press better (which I like).

Loses a half step locating the ball but does locate the ball well.

Seems to shy away from contact. Not solid in run support.

Excellent ball skills and awareness.

If he runs a decent 40 time, I think he may end up going in the early 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Really nice coverage skills. Seems to play more zone than man-press, but also seems to do man-press better (which I like).

Loses a half step locating the ball but does locate the ball well.

Seems to shy away from contact. Not solid in run support.

Excellent ball skills and awareness.

If he runs a decent 40 time, I think he may end up going in the early 2nd round.
    I don't think he shys away from contact at all.. He looked more physical in that bottom video then the one vs Tech, but that was just one game.. He made some really physical plays in that SJS game.. He does play both press and off man, which is good, as u want guys to do well doing both... Davis is a playmaking machine and he showed off some real hops in one of those vids as well..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-15-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    good stuff redeye.. I like this kid! It would of been hard to find the Will Davis video's, cause i wouldene't know what page there on? U haven't put em on one page where u can pick what ones off the page like last yr yet, have you?
    Go to Draftbreakdown and type the player name in the Search. Make sure U spell it right though because the search isnt perfect. They are all up there. If u click on 1 video all the other video links for the player will be on the bottom of that page

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Go to Draftbreakdown and type the player name in the Search. Make sure U spell it right though because the search isnt perfect. They are all up there. If u click on 1 video all the other video links for the player will be on the bottom of that page
    Sweet! I'm gonna be putting that in my favorites right about now... Good call on the spelling, i get kinda lazy in that regard often..lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't think he shys away from contact at all.. He looked more physical in that bottom video then the one vs Tech, but that was just one game.. He made some really physical plays in that SJS game.. He does play both press and off man, which is good, as u want guys to do well doing both... Davis is a playmaking machine and he showed off some real hops in one of those vids as well..
    When you don't throw yourself into a tackle ... you're shying away from contact. That and he gets run over constantly (in multiple games).

That's not a real knock against him ... I don't expect my CB to be a tackling machine.

Here U go Sportzfan U motivated me to finish the video

Ya, hes a beast redeye! Kid is solid at tackling those WR's on screens as well... Hes a straight ball hawk galore as well!

+ Reply to Thread