+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramses Barden Would "Love" To Sign With Giants

Ramses Barden Would "Love" To Sign With Giants

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/15/...w-york-giants/

Excerpt: "To say that Ramses Barden's four-year NFL career has been a disappointment thus far would be a bit of an understatement. The 6'6'' wide receiver out of Cal Poly joined the New York Giants in 2009 as a third-round pick and many dubbed him "the next Plaxico Burress" – a huge and dangerous redzone target. Those expectations have never been lived up to.

In 29 games, Barden has hauled in only 29 receptions for 394 yards and has a grand total of zero touchdowns. His best game, which accounted for most of those numbers, came in week three against the Carolina Panthers when injuries forced him into the start role. In a 36-7 victory, Barden caught nine passes for 138 yards. It was the first and only glimpse Giants fans ever got of his potential … but then he vanished back to the bench.

Soon to be an unrestricted free agents, Barden's time in New York is likely up. With Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz (RFA), Rueben Randle and Jerrel Jernigan all likely to be back next season, and Domenik Hixon also likely to receive a new contract, there's little room left for Barden. Unless, of course, General Manager Jerry Reese and head coach Tom Coughlin feel he's still the right man for the #5 or #6 spot." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

No

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

I'd take him back for one more year at a reasonable contract. He could definitely, along with Hixon, be very servicable # 4 WR's (assuming that RR will be the # 3 next year).

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I'd take him back for one more year at a reasonable contract. He could definitely, along with Hixon, be very servicable # 4 WR's (assuming that RR will be the # 3 next year).
    Barden needs to be released. He's never been able to prevent younger players from climbing over him in rotation. Jernigan will be next
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I still don't understand the whole coming out party he had against Carolina only to disappear into the abyss for the rest of the season thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    I still don't understand the whole coming out party he had against Carolina only to disappear into the abyss for the rest of the season thing.
    One game in four years doesn't help the resume. I see him as Sinorice Moss II

I would think it makes sense to bring him back in since he has shown the capability to be productive.

BUT

I've always gotten the feeling the reason we aren't seeing much of Barden is because he doesn't "show up" for practice, or generally shows apathy when it comes to being a "Pro" in the NFL. There must be a reason because he has talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Banned
    He looked pretty brilliant against the Panthers and yet KG never uses him.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    One game in four years doesn't help the resume. I see him as Sinorice Moss II
    No, I get that and I'm not trying to make an argument on why he should stay. I just don't understand how he didn't see the field again after a game like that.

i thought he looked pretty awesome vs carolina. and i also have noticed some pretty amazing catches in traffic even going back to 2011.

i have a feeling that if we dont resign him, teams will be interested in him...and who knows, maybe hes more of that wr vs carolina than we all thought.

+ Reply to Thread