+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramses Barden Would "Love" To Sign With Giants

no room for Barden.. He dosent even play special teams.. bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Agreed... he doesnt belong in our system... but he will be ok somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    In Carolina he was pretty much unaccounted for and benefitted greatly. The next week in Philly he was covered and did what you can really expect from him - max 2 catches a game.
    Now this makes perfect sense and I never thought about it that way.
    Last edited by Giant stuck in Texas; 01-15-2013 at 01:36 PM.

#80 get well soon...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    One game in four years doesn't help the resume. I see him as Sinorice Moss II
    Moss never had a game like Barden did against Carolina. True, it was only one game and Carolina players gave him yards of space to play with, but I would have liked to see Barden get more time at the # 3 than Hixon did.

Point is that Barden showed something impressive that game (and if memory serves me correct he had another good game this year as well). Enough for a one year contract if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    This could be more of an issue for Barden than most would think. It's part of the reason Hixon is well liked by the coaching stafff.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Moss never had a game like Barden did against Carolina. True, it was only one game and Carolina players gave him yards of space to play with, but I would have liked to see Barden get more time at the # 3 than Hixon did.

Point is that Barden showed something impressive that game (and if memory serves me correct he had another good game this year as well). Enough for a one year contract if the price is right.
    Barden benefited by Cruz being the focus of the Panthers' secondary and, as you point out, they really were playing off him all game long. Hixon missed three games, I think, in 2012. One due to a concussion and two due to an ankle injury. Where was Barden then?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Barden benefited by Cruz being the focus of the Panthers' secondary and, as you point out, they really were playing off him all game long. Hixon missed three games, I think, in 2012. One due to a concussion and two due to an ankle injury. Where was Barden then?
    I don't remember -- did they play him and he didn't do anything? Or did they not play him? If the latter, then I would have played him unless RR or JJ were just showing so much more than Barden in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I don't remember -- did they play him and he didn't do anything? Or did they not play him? If the latter, then I would have played him unless RR or JJ were just showing so much more than Barden in practice.
    I don't know for sure, but I think at this point in time Barden is going to be released. We have a good receiving corps without him and don't need to bring anyone else because of his release.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Blackula31 View Post
    He will go someplace else and thrive... Im pretty sure of it.
    if Barden turns into even a "fair" receiver i'll be surprised!

Barden is big and tall, thats all!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackula31 View Post
    Moss was 5'8" and couldnt shake anyone to get open... the sad thing is that Barden was never really used in the redzone like most of us thought he would. They never tried with him... someone else will at least try. I agree there is defenitely something wrong with him... but I'm willing to bet there is another coach that can get him on track somewhere. Our WR coach is Kevin Gilbride Jr... Im sure there is someone out there that actually played WR that could truly help him.
    Its too bad we should keep Barden, he has the potential to be the next Anthony Mix

+ Reply to Thread