+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ramses Barden Would "Love" To Sign With Giants

Banned
    In all seriousness, we are better off giving his roster spot to an undrafted free agent even who can play special teams. The guy had one good game during his entire 4 years here with us, bye bye Barden.

oh, if what to do with Barden was actually one of the most critical decisions facing this team.

instead i have to wonder if we can afford a starting left tackle, if Bear Pascoe is our new starting TE, and what do we do if JPP can't get out of his slump next year.............

Quote Originally Posted by Blackula31 View Post
    Sinorice just plain and simple wasnt good... did he ever do ANYTHING??? Nope... Someone is going to take a chance on him... I dont expect him to become the greatest receiver ever... but he will be better than most of you think.. I think he'll be like Ed McCaffrey. Didnt do a damn thing for the Giants... but will work out well with someone else.
    I am not sure where you got this "Ed McCaffrey didnt do a damn thing for the Giants" thing. Here is a link so you can see what he did for the Giants http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCaEd00.htm. Lets not forget that in Denver he had Elway and in NY he had Hostettler and Simms throwing to him and the Giants were not a passing team them and they also had Mark Ingram and Steven Baker as 1 &2 WRs. Not to forget that for 2 seasons was under this "brilliant" coach named Ray Hundley. When you look his numbers you can see that he did very well for a rookie and I was really surprised that Dan Reeves did not see his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    I am not sure where you got this "Ed McCaffrey didnt do a damn thing for the Giants" thing. Here is a link so you can see what he did for the Giants http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCaEd00.htm. Lets not forget that in Denver he had Elway and in NY he had Hostettler and Simms throwing to him and the Giants were not a passing team them and they also had Mark Ingram and Steven Baker as 1 &2 WRs. Not to forget that for 2 seasons was under this "brilliant" coach named Ray Hundley. When you look his numbers you can see that he did very well for a rookie and I was really surprised that Dan Reeves did not see his talent.
    Games started with Giants = 4

Games started with Broncos = 105

hmmm... WTF am I missing?

Elway retired after the 99 Season... McCaffery's biggest year was after Elway was gone...

I know this is a Barden thread, but I think his and Jernigan's spots are both up for grabs. Jernigan has showed me absolutely nothing. At least Barden had one good game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Barden needs to be released. He's never been able to prevent younger players from climbing over him in rotation. Jernigan will be next
    I disagree. If we can get him on the cheap, then I would take him back.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    I disagree. If we can get him on the cheap, then I would take him back.
    Agreed, I wouldn't mind him back. He's not a spectacular receiver but when we used him he produced. His height is certainly an advantage and could be used to exploit certain situations.

His production declined after a stellar game against Carolina because Hixon returned. Hixon didn't play against Carolina but he did the next week against the Eagles where he got 11 targets.

I feel like we could have used him in the redzone this year. He showed that he could elevate against Carolina and catch the ball very high. Instead the majority of the fades were thrown to Nicks when he could barely jump...Needless to say Tynes was our MVP for at least portion of the season.
    Last edited by dakotajoe; 01-15-2013 at 11:09 PM.

I'd keep Barden and move him to TE. He's 6'6 227. Have him gain 20 pounds with some muscle and he'll be a mismatch for defenses. Aaron Hernandez of the Pats is 6'1 245 pounds. The Pats are successful because they take cast-offs and put them in positions to shine. Before letting Barden walk, try him at TE with 20 pounds added and see what you have. What do you have to lose? Sign him to a non-guarenteed contract and see what you got.

Quote Originally Posted by CruznNicks View Post
    I'd keep Barden and move him to TE. He's 6'6 227. Have him gain 20 pounds with some muscle and he'll be a mismatch for defenses. Aaron Hernandez of the Pats is 6'1 245 pounds. The Pats are successful because they take cast-offs and put them in positions to shine. Before letting Barden walk, try him at TE with 20 pounds added and see what you have. What do you have to lose? Sign him to a non-guarenteed contract and see what you got.
    The problem with your analysis is Aaron Hernandez is actually a good receiver, Barden isn't. If you put Hernandez as a receiver he would outperform Barden by a lot

Quote Originally Posted by CruznNicks View Post
    Have you watched him try to block?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread