+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Ramses Barden Would "Love" To Sign With Giants

  1. #51
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,184
    Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    I disagree. If we can get him on the cheap, then I would take him back.
    To do what? He's just not that good.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #52
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    2,744
    We can find an equally talented WR just as cheap and actually plays special teams. Let him go..

  3. #53
    sucks.. I was really excited when NY drafted Barden..... and Beckum looking like 2 busts now

  4. #54
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    sucks.. I was really excited when NY drafted Barden..... and Beckum looking like 2 busts now
    It happens and we move on.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #55
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,494
    I dont' get why he didn't get more playing time, myself.. Hes made some plays for us , but seems to rarley be out there, and the carolina game meant nothing, becuase he barley seen the field after that.. He made a nice downfield catch against the eagles the following week, and that was basically it?

  6. #56
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    16,867
    Of course he'd love to sign with the Giants. They are the ones who overlooked the fact that he was too soft to contribute on special teams and too soft to use that huge frame to his advantage in the passing game (but he sure is tall).

    He showed good hands when he got them on the ball but was muscled around by much smaller corner backs. He played way too small for such a tall guy. We can do better in a backup WR.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  7. #57
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    16,867
    Quote Originally Posted by CruznNicks View Post
    I'd keep Barden and move him to TE. He's 6'6 227. Have him gain 20 pounds with some muscle and he'll be a mismatch for defenses. Aaron Hernandez of the Pats is 6'1 245 pounds. The Pats are successful because they take cast-offs and put them in positions to shine. Before letting Barden walk, try him at TE with 20 pounds added and see what you have. What do you have to lose? Sign him to a non-guarenteed contract and see what you got.
    He doesn't have the stones to engage on special teams now. An additional 20 pounds isn't going to turn him into a gnarly TE.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  8. #58
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,184
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Of course he'd love to sign with the Giants. They are the ones who overlooked the fact that he was too soft to contribute on special teams and too soft to use that huge frame to his advantage in the passing game (but he sure is tall).

    He showed good hands when he got them on the ball but was muscled around by much smaller corner backs. He played way too small for such a tall guy. We can do better in a backup WR.
    In fact, we are doing better
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I dont' get why he didn't get more playing time, myself.. Hes made some plays for us , but seems to rarley be out there, and the carolina game meant nothing, becuase he barley seen the field after that.. He made a nice downfield catch against the eagles the following week, and that was basically it?
    He had a couple of catches in the Cinci game too, but I think that was all.

    I cant say he "sucks" because you have to actually be on the field to do so. He's not on the field because the coaches felt they had 2 better receivers available for the #3 position in Hixon and Randle and eventually Jernigan.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

  10. #60
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    16,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    He had a couple of catches in the Cinci game too, but I think that was all.

    I cant say he "sucks" because you have to actually be on the field to do so. He's not on the field because the coaches felt they had 2 better receivers available for the #3 position in Hixon and Randle and eventually Jernigan.
    I would agree that "sucks" is a bit strong but if you are going to be a #4 or #5 WR for us you need to be a demon on ST and he is just too soft for that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts