+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1

    Cb 1st round , nothing else.

    Twice in past 6 years they have drafted cb, both times those years they won the Super Bowl , need I say more, hahaha, if most of you looked for an intelligent argument, sorry, but Sometimes luck and superstition are what's needed!

  2. #2
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    10,994
    If the BPA is CB, OL, DE, DT, or LB, I'd be happy to take them.

  3. #3
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxMan View Post
    Twice in past 6 years they have drafted cb, both times those years they won the Super Bowl , need I say more, hahaha, if most of you looked for an intelligent argument, sorry, but Sometimes luck and superstition are what's needed!
    O line I would think
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  4. #4
    All-Pro JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    If the BPA is CB, OL, DE, DT, or LB, I'd be happy to take them.
    +1. Not LB, IMO, but the others.

  5. #5
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,310
    I'll never be upset with drafting a quality cornerback.....especially given how the passing game has exploded thanks to the new Arena League rules that are currently in vogue.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  6. #6
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,310
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    +1. Not LB, IMO, but the others.
    I'm praying for OL and LB help this season.

    I don't want to reach for an LB, but this team really needs a difference maker in that unit.....right now, nobody in the NFL is worried about our linebackers, and as a Giants fan, that's just wrong.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    O line I would think
    If history means anything, it's very unlikely the Giants will draft Oline in the first.

    I can see a DE or CB in the first.

  8. #8
    Veteran Jahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    525
    I get so mad when heads and fans say we love DEs and we always draft BPA. That is definitely not true. Giants intentionally devalue certain positions and like the OP said we've drafted 3 DBs in the first round in the last 6 years (2 of them being CB). How many DEs have we drafted in that time in the first round? 2. How come people don't say, "man Jerry loves his DBs?"

  9. #9
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    If history means anything, it's very unlikely the Giants will draft Oline in the first.

    I can see a DE or CB in the first.
    On defense, I'd much rather land a LB that can blitz, defend the run, and cover a TE.

    I realize that this might not be a rich draft for LB's though. But I hope Reese does something, including free agency, to strengthen the LBs.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    On defense, I'd much rather land a LB that can blitz, defend the run, and cover a TE.

    I realize that this might not be a rich draft for LB's though. But I hope Reese does something, including free agency, to strengthen the LBs.
    I wouldn't mind either, but the giants haven't drafted a LB in the first since Carl Banks. lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts