+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Giants' Positional Review: Tight Ends

NY Giants' Positional Review: Tight Ends

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/15...drien-robinson

Excerpt: "Let's continue our series of positional reviews for the New York Giants by looking at tight end.

Martellus Bennett
    -- In his first year after coming from the Dallas Cowboysas a free agent, Bennett proved what he set out to prove when he left Dallas and the shadow of Jason Witten. That is that he can be starting-caliber tight end in the NFL. Bennett's 55 receptions were the most by a Giants' tight end since Jeremy Shockey had 57 in 2007.

Bear Pascoe
    --The blocking tight end played 245 snaps in 2012 and caught only four passes.
    Travis

Beckum
    -- Started the year on PUP after injuring his knee in the Super Bowl. Finished the year on IR after the knee acted up again. Played in four games, was targeted once and did not catch a pass.

Adrien Robinson
    -- A red-shirt rookie year for the fourth-round pick from Cincinnati. Got in two games, but was inactive most of the season." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I like Bennet but I think he has serious focus issues. Like its an "actual" problem for him
    Pascoe.....thought he would be the next Ballard type. Like his blocking but I though he would be a 30-35 reception kind of player.
    Hope for the Rookie......
    Beckum....why is he still here????
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I like Bennet but I think he has serious focus issues. Like its an "actual" problem for him
    Pascoe.....thought he would be the next Ballard type. Like his blocking but I though he would be a 30-35 reception kind of player.
    What he said.

I don't know, at 55 catches he had some focus
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

bring back the Unicorn..

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't know, at 55 catches he had some focus
    yeah...no doubt. But there were several times he looked absolutley lost. Maybe that was on Eli or the fact that it was his first season in the system.
    Still a keeper tho....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

number of announces alluded to off the record conversations about bennett and his progress this year with coaches as being the equivalent of "meh".

everyone talks about his receptions. i think we can find someone who catches the ball like he does from that position.

what he brings to the table that is REALLY hard to find is his run blocking ability. All these new tight ends are 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than WRs, which isn't enough to be as effective in the run game as someone like bennett who is an asset in both parts of the offense.

At the end of the day, frankly, the Pats really screwed us on Ballard, because we could really use another servicable (both passing and running game) option at TE right now.

yeah...no doubt. But there were several times he looked absolutley lost. Maybe that was on Eli or the fact that it was his first season in the system.
    Still a keeper tho....
    I wonder how much that knee cap issue affected him in blocking

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    number of announces alluded to off the record conversations about bennett and his progress this year with coaches as being the equivalent of "meh".

everyone talks about his receptions. i think we can find someone who catches the ball like he does from that position.

what he brings to the table that is REALLY hard to find is his run blocking ability. All these new tight ends are 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than WRs, which isn't enough to be as effective in the run game as someone like bennett who is an asset in both parts of the offense.

At the end of the day, frankly, the Pats really screwed us on Ballard, because we could really use another servicable (both passing and running game) option at TE right now.
    What I also like about Bennett is he KNOWS blocking is job one and it OK with that. Ballard is an ERFA this season. Has he taken any snaps with the Patriots?

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post

dont know if the Giants are "screwed" on the Ballard thing. he hasnt played a snap yet....

+ Reply to Thread