+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Season Career Passer Rating

All-Pro

Post Season Career Passer Rating

Saw a stat going into this playoff where Eli's post season passer rating was better than his brother and Tom Brady.

Added to that is Eli's 8-3 playoff winning percentage...more remarkable given the 8 wins are on the road.

Peyton Manning considered one of best "regular season" QBs of all-time...has a losing record in the playoffs.

I make that distinction because the there is an interesting dichtomy with the Mannings....one is regarded as one of the great Qbs of all time and the other a very good Qb who some will say is very inconsistent.

Yet, in the playoffs it is the total reverse...one is dominant and the other has a mediocre record.

Peyton has been in 20 playoff games. Check Eli's stats after he has been in that many or even close to that many.
    Not knocking either player......just sayin'......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Eli has just 1 less win than Peyton. Peyton also has played most of his playoff games at home and in a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Markroman View Post
    Eli has just 1 less win than Peyton. Peyton also has played most of his playoff games at home and in a dome.
    yep I know....just adding to your comments.
    The whole dome thing is overatted IMO. If it was such and advantage why has Peyton won more playoff games there??
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

5 road wins,1 home win and 2 neutral wins is Eli's record

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Peyton has been in 20 playoff games. Check Eli's stats after he has been in that many or even close to that many.
    Not knocking either player......just sayin'......
    Eli wins one more playoff game in his 12th and he will have as many wins as Peyton does in 20..........just sayin'.......
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markroman View Post
    Saw a stat going into this playoff where Eli's post season passer rating was better than his brother and Tom Brady.

Added to that is Eli's 8-3 playoff winning percentage...more remarkable given the 8 wins are on the road.

Peyton Manning considered one of best "regular season" QBs of all-time...has a losing record in the playoffs.

I make that distinction because the there is an interesting dichtomy with the Mannings....one is regarded as one of the great Qbs of all time and the other a very good Qb who some will say is very inconsistent.

Yet, in the playoffs it is the total reverse...one is dominant and the other has a mediocre record.
    I love Eli ... but all of his playoff wins have come in two (magical) post seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I love Eli ... but all of his playoff wins have come in two (magical) post seasons.
    And that makes them worth less how?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And that makes them worth less how?
    As a body of work, compared to someone who has been deep into the playoffs the majority of his career? Not very comparable.

Banned
    Really, another Eli thread? This horse has been beaten so badly you are kicking the corpse. Tom Brady is on a completely different level, 17-6 playoff record with 3 superbowl wins arguably the best QB ever. Peyton's playoff record is most certainly worse than Eli's although he hasn't played terribly and if Denver's defense didn't choke, he would still be in it this year. Eli has the potential to be great, and I'm happy to have him as our QB but he can be inconsistent. I think Tom Brady and Peyton are a completely different level though.

+ Reply to Thread